Stock vox

Just figured I’d say hello new to the forum and hoping for some info from the mini bike world. I have a stock mbx 10 80cc, I am wondering if there is any carb or anything I can change to get more out of my stock engine. Would a pod air filter help much? Still fairly new to the small engine and upgrades but gotta start somewhere. Thanks in advance IMG_0909.jpeg

Attachments

Hello and welcome! A low restriction air filter by itself would probably cause a lean condition, likely reducing power, you would need to rejet the carburetor. If you put an aftermarket carb and a header on it, and get it jetted correctly, you might get a slight power increase but it would be more trouble than it would be worth, IMO.

This would do wonders for it. You'd be going from around 2.5 HP to around 8 HP, 3x the power. You would also need a new clutch.

https://www.dynocams.com/item/212-1000/ducar212/

Most people replace 80-105cc engines with a 196-212.

SAS289

If you plan to keep the stock engine at least get an 11 tooth clutch for it.

Those engines would work fine with better gearing. The challenge would be fitting a jackshaft on there to get 8 - 9:1 gearing.

Don't waste time and $$ screwing around with that puny engine. Any performance gains would be minimal and barely noticeable. Swap in a bigger engine. Lots of information and how-tos on the internet (Google, Youtube). Do some research and educate yourself.
Michael