Street legal baja warrior questions

Hello, recently ive tooken up a project to make a street legal baja warrior. I was wondering if there was anywhere i can get some DOT tires for it because i cant seem to find any. I was also curious about how i would go towards a front break installation because my front wheel doesnt have a hub for anything to be mounted on it. While im at it does anyone know a way to make it quieter? To sound less like a lawn mower?? Sorry for the long post. :) thank you for all your help ill post pictures later

For what you're probably going to spend getting it to be street legal, you might as well just go out, buy a decent, used KX80 for $500 or so, get wheels & lights on it & be ready to go about town with it with a bike license, reg, & insurance. Or, go buy a moped.

With that, you're pretty much going to have to pay for a motorcycle license, reg, & everything else unless you plan it out very carefully, & take huge performance hits.

Anything street legal is probably going to cost about a grand overall, including license, & reg. That's not including insurance.

Try golf cart tires, a bunch are DOT approved and close in size. Best include your state, if your serious. Washington is easy enough, go to DMV license as an ORV, add necessary street equipment and go to a licensed motorcycle dealer for inspection. Except Baja withholds the MSO(title) so it may not be possible even here with that ORV loophole. They could just issue a new VIN and call it an assembled motorcycle. Do lots of research on the legal end, save you money and heartache later on when some PMS-ing cop desides to be an :censure:. If you do it you WILL get pulled over, so know your stuff, explain politely all the requirements your bike meets and how you overcame this and that, to make it legal. Be nice, and be legal with it(watch your speed), like any attention grabbing vehicle and you'll come out with important friends, instead of tickets.
P.S. sorry for the essay but, I have researched this in the past for myself,and know there is a bunch of hoops to jump through. Interesting idea but other crap has taken precedence so it hasn't happened.

Last edited:
im making my warrior street legal as well, but can only do it as a moped/scooter, the state dmv definition of a moped says a vehicle with 2 or 3 wheels max speed 30mph on flat pavement, 49cc motor, automatic transmission (TAV) no registration no ins required, but a license is required, gonna do the baja light kit for hi/low beam turn sigs, tail and break, couple mirrors and something that might pass for dot tires, oh yea motor swap going with a 79cc predator (relabeled as 49cc) torq a verter, gonna lose power i know but small price to pay to cruise my girl on the streets, yea i know for the money argument i own a xt 250 a xl350 and a hawg ty, i like my warrior, just not sure if the 79cc gonna have enough torq for the tav?