Street Racing

Very true, put the same amount of $$ in both and the BB will win. :thumbsup:

Sorry Hent,, he came at me. :xmas-smiley-016:
:001_rolleyes:

GTO

Quote:
but I'm not happy with them, gonna have to start over Thanks alot MDB!

Not the first time you had to start over. Cough cough cough San fransisco cough cough cough

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Hey I'm not bashing anyone here. I'm just telling you guys the other stuff we do out here that's all. I didn't want to start a import domestic war.

I can erase it if you thought I posted this to bash anyone?

Or if you would like me not to say anything about something, just send me a PM and let me know. This stuff has been going on for years, long then I have been living. I have only been around it for about 15 years.

65ShelbyClone

Sounds like excuses to me. :thefinger:

It doesn't take Nicky Hayden to ride a 'busa fast. Take a high-9 second bike and run it against a high-9 second Mustang from a highway roll and that's what you get; an even match.

Street racing is huge in my area(Philadelphia). I'm not partial to domestic or imports per say, but it seems like the import racers really draw the cops?? Since having kids, I do not partake anymore, but it's still gives me a rush to watch now and then!

65ShelbyClone

but it seems like the import racers really draw the cops??
Usually young (and often irresponsible) people(~HS age) have imports that are a few years old because they are cheap to buy and feed. They are also prone to going out late at night and street race. Those same people are also more likely to idolize the Fast and the Furious movies and copy them.
Besides the American cars are faster and get away. :thefinger:

There is really tight canyon road right next to my house where the ricers go drifting at night. Late on Monday night I was coming home and stopped to help one that nailed a deer with his WRX STI. I didn't know he was coming up here to do canyon run, but some things he said and the way told me were dead giveaways. :thumbdown:

Last edited:
What drives me nuts is LOUD jap cars at night that take 4 freeking gears to get out of the neighborhood! :thumbdown:

If you are going to be loud,, you better be fast or you are a JOKE!!!!!!!!!

I'm an old skool Volkswagen (air-cooled) gearhead... the good thing about us is we're not having to constantly prove ourselves... we've been doing it for 40-plus years and have earned our respect, mostly ;D I like anything that's fast, but I tend to get along with the classic domestic and VW crowd a little better; we have classics in common.

One thing's for sure, if money were no object, I'd be building a Milner coupe clone, right down to the three 2's man-a-fre intake manifold and chromed sprinter style headers... ;-) That's on my dream list.