Street Tires

vwfan79

vwfan79, you should post up some pics of them. I'm thinking of throwing some on a few shop bikes around here.
I'm running the same tires as in the pics at the top of the previuos page.
The grey bike has the same ribbed tires. I don't recall what brand mine are but they are 4 ply, they are not carlisle though.

Last edited:
I'm running the same tires as in the pics at the top of the previuos page.
The grey bike has the same ribbed tires. I don't recall what brand mine are but they are 4 ply, they are not carlisle though.

VW wat size is that on the front of the doodle??

vwfan79

ya different brands will not only look different but but different in size, that tire is about an 1" taller then the pocket bike tire of the same size.

Hmm, I read earlier in this post that it will still fit with that ribbed one.. Hope it does.

Also, is there any disadvantage with going with the same size up front? I know the slightly bigger rear will help give a little more top speed...

Ok. I got the old tire off, I cut the middle if the tire with tin snips, then I realized the inner part if the tire, inside the rubber, has steel wire bands around it (where the rim mounts). That wasn't easy to cut through, but ingot it off, now going to the tire place to mount it.

Last edited:
Ok. I got the old tire off, I cut the middle if the tire with tin snips, then I realized the inner part if the tire, inside the rubber, has steel wire bands around it (where the rim mounts). That wasn't easy to cut through, but ingot it off, now going to the tire place to mount it.
Is that a s2000 parked next to your mini bike?

JustEnough

It looks like the Tractor Supply Tire is only two ply and it shows as $34 online. It would be interesting to see how it compares to the four ply one that seems to be available for $30 shipped.

Is that a s2000 parked next to your mini bike?
Yes! Good eye! Very good.

It looks like the Tractor Supply Tire is only two ply and it shows as $34 online. It would be interesting to see how it compares to the four ply one that seems to be available for $30 shipped.
My buddy owns a tire shop and told me the 2 ply would be fine, and swill "last" juat as long, 4ply is heavier inside and may be more puncture proof, but I never had an issue with puncture on the stock 2 ply.

Tractor supply has these IN STOCK and I wanted to put it on today, rather than wait to order one in from online :)

I'm gonna make a video to show how simple changing these tires really is or are ???
Yes, a video would be cool!

Some more pics:

This tire from tracctor supply, 15x6x6 DOES CLEAR the factory brake caliper!

Some notes...

1) This tire does corner better than the stock "V" style tire, and you can take corners faster and lean in more it seems.

2) My top speed on my fully stock 97cc doodle bug is now 38 mph, DOWNHILL. Before it was around 36 max downhill. Nomal crusing speed on flat roads are around 32 mph...