Stretched DB 30

I let my son take the DB for a test spin down the street today. I told him not to go heavy on the throttle, as I want to make a few shakedown runs on it and recheck everything for tightness before going WOT. I shot a crappy video of it on his second time around. I think he had already scared himself by then, because he was very mindful of the throttle. All he would do was blip the throttle enought to keep it moving. He said that the front end felt like it was trying to float up on him, but I didn't see any evidence of that.

YouTube - GX200 DB shakedown run

Last edited:
max get some wot vids up as soon as you get them i bet this thing flys. list your mods if you could. What kinda hp you think it makes? it looks sweet

max get some wot vids up as soon as you get them i bet this thing flys. list your mods if you could. What kinda hp you think it makes? it looks sweet
I hope to get some wot videos soon. The engine has the following mods: billet rod, flat top piston, governor removed, chrome molly push rods, stainless steel stock size valves, aluminum retainers/stainless steel keepers, stock rocker arms, ported and polished head (milled .055), tilly 304wx carb, and a .265 modified cam. I am not sure how much hp the engine makes.

Hey Max, any updates on your DB? :thumbsup: :smile:
Yeah EZ, I have had nothing but the most difficult time trying to dial in the Tillotson carb. For now I have put the DB on the back burner and started focusing back on my drag bike, (08 GSXR-1000). Once I get the 1000 back on the track, I will give the DB some more attention. I am leaning towards swapping the carb over to a Mikuni. The other thing is, with compression being so high on the motor, I literally lift the bike of of the ground when pulling on the starter rope. In fact, I actually pulled the handle right off of the starter rope (with the knot still in tact). I will probably end up getting a starter box of some sort, as the engine is just such a pita to pull start.

Hey Max, that compression that you was talking about. It happened to me also. It pulled that cord right out of my hand, almost pulled my fingers off. I didn't want to go thru that again so I went out and bought a Gear Reduction Starter. Here is a picture of the one that I have. I paid $229.44 delivered to my door. I just got this, this month and it works great. I got the one that has the 10amp.

Here is the address where I got it from. I hope this will help ya.

Coleman Products Jr Dragster Starter - VIPERIZER RACING'S JUNIOR DRAGSTER RACING SHOP

Do ya have any pics of your Drag Bike? Oh, don't your neighbors say anything about the Loud noise? Keep up the great work Max :thumbsup: :smile:

Last edited:
Yeah EX, I have had nothing but the most difficult time trying to dial in the Tilts crab. For now I have put the DB on the back burner and started focusing back on my drag bike, (08 GS-1000). Once I get the 1000 back on the track, I will give the DB some more attention. I am leaning to wards swapping the crab over to a Miking. The other thing is, with compression being so high on the motor, I literally lift the bike of of the ground when pulling on the starter rope. In fact, I actually pulled the handle right off of the starter rope (with the knot still in tact). I will probably end up getting a starter box of some sort, as the engine is just such a pita to pull start.
No comp release on the cam your running ?

Do ya have any pics of your Drag Bike? Oh, don't your neighbors say anything about the Loud noise? Keep up the great work Max :thumbsup: :smile:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the pic EZ, that is exactly what I need. Here is a video of my drag bike. As for my neighbors, they haven't complained about the noise so far. The neighbors on either side of me are always very interested in my two wheeled projects, so I guess that's a good thing.

YouTube - Brothers GRUDGE Match

Last edited:
No comp release on the cam your running ?
I believe it does. I do recall a mechanical lever of some sort being attached to the cam gear. All I know is that it sure sucks to be pulling on that damn starter rope. This was my first engine build, so there is still a lot that I have to learn about the clones and their internals.

I believe it does. I do recall a mechanical lever of some sort being attached to the cam gear. All I know is that it sure sucks to be pulling on that damn starter rope. This was my first engine build, so there is still a lot that I have to learn about the clones and their internals.
Max, Nice Drag Bike and Video. Glad I could help ya out. This is also my first engine build, and yes I have a compression release on my Cam also. I'm still learning. They say that sometimes the compression release lever sticks. How can it stick, it's brand new. I don't have any more problems with it since I got that Gear Reduction Starter. Except if the engine quits for some reason, ya gotta push it back to where the Starter is at. I haven't had that happen yet. I'm still learning about engines. I'm not perfect, just trying to have a lot of fun with something that I enjoy doing. :thumbsup::thumbsup: :smile: