Stretched DB 30

I dropped the frame off at the powder coating shop yesterday. It should be ready on Friday. I decided on satin black for the color as it will help mask any imperfections in the frame, whereas gloss black would have enhanced them. I also ordered 13x5-6 slicks for the front and rear, as well as 6 feet of #35 chain. Stay tuned for more updates.

Max, any updates on your Project? :smile:
Not yet, I thought I would have the frame back from the powder coater last Friday. However, when I called to see if I could pick it up, the guy said he was a little behind in his work orders and probably wouldn't have it finished before Wednesday or Friday of this week. I will post pics as soon as I get it back.

I picked up my DB frame from the powder coating shop today. I am not 100% satisfied wth the quality of work, but it will have to do. I will try and start the assembly process tomorrow, if my schedule permits. Here are a few pics.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
LOL! Are you gonna stretch your DB too? You are right about the tank being expensive. It was a new tank though.
I don't think I am, but I was seriously thinking about it at one time.
Yeah those tanks cost a good amount. I have a couple of large 1 gallon versions, and a 2 quart black fiber glass drag one. I like to keep them as spares.

Looking good Max. :thumbsup::thumbsup: What is the little tank on the back going to be used for? :thumbsup: :smile:
That is an oil catch tank. It is connected to the valve cover and will relieve crankcase pressure, while catching any oil mist that might blow by.

Put the brand new wheels/tires on today. Unfortunately, the treads don't match, but that's alright, because the tires probably won''t last long anyway. I also cut the chain to the correct length last night. FYI for those considering stretching their DB, you will need a chain that has 180 pins for a 5 inch stretch.

Its Looking Pretty good there Max. I'm thinking about stretching my mini bike but I don't know the first thing about how to do it all. :thumbsup: :smile:

MiniBike Paul

You are doing a nice job! 3 questions; How potent is that motor? Why did you stretch it (the frame)?? Are you going to run the chain direct, without a jackshaft??

You are doing a nice job! 3 questions; How potent is that motor? Why did you stretch it (the frame)?? Are you going to run the chain direct, without a jackshaft??
Thanks! The motor has the following mods: Governor removed, ported/polished and milled nead (.055), billet rod, Honda aluminum flywheel, stock stainless steel valves, 18# springs, aluminum valve retainers/keepers Honda flat top piston, .265 modified cam, chrome molly pushrods, and a Tilly 304WX (gas carb).

I stretched the frame to help keep the front end from coming up and I also liked the look. Yes, I am going to run the chain without a jackshaft kit. I will have to make sure everything is aligned well, so that I can hopefully avoid any chain issues.