Super bronc

I decided to pull my bronc out of the shed and get to work on it since i just picked up a motor from the junk yard that looked like it would work. This should be a pretty simple restore. Though i still havnt finished the track bike. I have everything i need for it except the torque converter . Anyone know of the cheapest place to get a 1" tav ? I can make a cover but i need the bracket that bolts the engine. I was also thinking a clutch might work with a jackshaft but id rather not take a chance. i want this thing to climb hills without trouble. Im rigging up a band brake nexto the sprocket its gonna be real tight but it should work. Iv got it completly dissasembled and got to work on some of the parts but i cant fix up the frame until i know where everythings going to set with the tav so i need one soon. Im going to paint it blue with white wheels and engine. Silver fenders and bars because the chrome is not saveable plus ill have to weld on them. Also i found a cool aluminum pull starter that should shine up nice :thumbsup: Im thinking ill make some sort of mount similar to what they used for the key for the electric starter and an on off switch. Iv had this bike for along time probroly 15 years. i was liek 9 or 10 years old got it from my unkle. Its been through many phases.Originally it was red and weve painted it white ,then black. once we made it into a trike. Luckily we didnt butcher it too much over the years me and my brother didnt have much reguard for originality being youngsters and all. We did cut the frame and make room for a bigger motorcycle engine at one time but that should be an easy fix . Ill probrobly just recover the seat rather than try and fix the original. Im not going for totally original just looking like it. Anyway help on the torque converter would be appreciated i wish i didnt have to buy one but i think its a worthy investment. :thumbsup:

hey jeep2003.
cool project.
ron kimball said he`s looking for another shop that will make the rubber fork boots for him.
check with him in a few weeks. 1-800-535-9529

good luck with the heald project. :thumbsup:

Cool project :thumbsup: I'm not sure if Ron carries the original torque a verter backet that had the brake assembly on it, You can try contacting him and ask him and he will tell you what he has and what he doesnt. As for the torque a verter itself BMIkarts.com is the cheapest I've seen.

Cool good to know. Im going to search the junkyard fo somthing first im pretty sure i can find somthing that will work there. Just to keep the unsightly greese contained :thumbsup:Also im going to look around a bit before i buy a converter i always seem to fall into a deal. Cant wait too long though iv already got most of the pieces fixed up and ready to go. I got the forks and bars done and painted also the front fender wheel and axle are all done. The blue paint i picked is sweet. I believe it is duplicolor bahama blue. Ill post a pic up soon

i dont have a tourque converter yet but it looks like the sprockets wont line up if the engine is in the stock location. Its way to the outside and lands like in the middle of the crankshaft so i dont think thatll work. So i think im going to try and put it together like what i believe they had it from the factory with the jackshaft going to the right side and a band brake in the middle. Any suggestions or advice on that? Id like to see how other bikes have the right side carrier bearing mounted im sure it would need slotted holes so that it could move with the engine.
So if i go that route its just a matter of figuring out what i need to work with the parts i already have rather than buying all new. Which is ok because id rather run a steel backing plate and i dont need a cover i will make my own.

Looking good so far, I like the color. Is that frame bent up in the middle or is that just the way the picture is? Also is that a HH80 or HH100 engine? That steel engine plate looks different than most HM80-HM100 engines i've seen.

it says H70 on the shroud. Like i said we once modified the frame to fit a motorbike engine. i unmodified it not long after but that very well could be bent up. Im definatly going to figure out where its suposed to be before i paint it. Do you think it should be paralell with the bottom ? Young and stupid :hammer:

yup definatly needs to be paralell.
Forgot to mention i bought that 170$ tc from ebay it should get here soon. I already figured out what im going to do with the jackshaft.
Also i started the engine for a few it seems to run so that a plus :thumbsup:

it says H70 on the shroud. Like i said we once modified the frame to fit a motorbike engine. i unmodified it not long after but that very well could be bent up. Im definatly going to figure out where its suposed to be before i paint it. Do you think it should be paralell with the bottom ? Young and stupid :hammer:
I was going to say there's a lot of room around that engine. Blue looks nice. :thumbsup:

got my tc and a pillow block bearing. I think this is how im going to set it up. Also got an old chevy bench seat cover i can use to recover my seat. Its nice because its padded and pleated and it was only 2$ instead of 20 or so for new stuff.