Super tryke rebirth

I recently bought a completely disassembled super trike from a friend who was going to do a total restoration and just doesn't have time. The engine was an old Tecumseh that no longer ran, will be replacing that. The rest of the job is fairly straightforward as far as reassembly goes. I've never been around one before but a lot of it is pretty obvious where stuff is supposed to go. But I've been wondering if anyone would have any of the original instructions that could be downloaded. There are a few things on this trike that are different from all the pictures I've looked at. I have a hauler too but they are different enough that its not much help.

Triley41395

I recently bought a completely disassembled super trike from a friend who was going to do a total restoration and just doesn't have time. The engine was an old Tecumseh that no longer ran, will be replacing that. The rest of the job is fairly straightforward as far as reassembly goes. I've never been around one before but a lot of it is pretty obvious where stuff is supposed to go. But I've been wondering if anyone would have any of the original instructions that could be downloaded. There are a few things on this trike that are different from all the pictures I've looked at. I have a hauler too but they are different enough that its not much help.
Post up some pictures. Do you know what model it is?

I'll get some pics on here soon. Don't know the model numbers but it's A single seater with a sticker on the back that says super tryke trail bronc. The mount for the jack shaft is unlike any pictures I've found. Instead of mounting in the cutout spots in the frame it slides through a tube that's welded to the front of the motor mounting plate. Which also has a bearing on each end. I also think it had an 8 up engine or less because the centrifugal clutch is a comet 30.

Here's some shots of what I've got so far. I have the rims off and painted and getting tires put on next week. Thought you'ns might like the hauler pic too. IMG_20230916_082843.jpg IMG_20230916_082624.jpg IMG_20230916_082453.jpg IMG_20230916_082434.jpg IMG_20230916_082242.jpg IMG_20230916_082215.jpg

Sure thing Joe. This is the place to be. Nice folks, and unbelievable amount of knowledge shared.

Also...Regarding the tecumseh hm-80...don't give up on it before you look into it.

The hm-80 is very hardy, and are powerful workhorses. Well worth the effort to get back in running order.

Its been awhile since I posted anything so I thought I'd just check in. I've got all the bearings replaced. I had the rims and hubs sand blasted by a friend and painted them myself then got the tires put on. Got the brake bands, brake cables, brake levers and throttle control and grips put on. Also have the drive chain bought and measured for cutting but think I'll wait and put it on closer to completion. All I need now is the throttle cable, clutch pulleys and engine. The engine will have to wait til Christmas bonus time. I have a set of comet 30 pulleys but since I'm getting a 15 horse engine I've been led to believe I need to get the comet 40. I'm posting a pic but it doesn't have the grips or the cables on it in the picture. 20230925_173640.jpg

Okay boys, got a question. Bought a 15hp Lifan to power the trike. Had everything mounted and ready to roll. When I started hooking up the battery cables I noticed a spark when I hooked up the second cable. Thought that odd because nothing should be pulling juice but proceeded. Turned the key just to make sure it would crank( no gas in the tank yet). Cranked fine, turned the key off and in about 5 seconds I heard a sizzling sound and then a POOF! Smoke belches out of the engine, like behind the pull rope assembly, and that was that. Home depot took it back and got me a new one. Unboxed it and gingerly touched the wires to the battery, still produced a spark and I stopped. Haven't contacted Lifan yet, but will Monday. Any thoughts?

There is an extra component for the electrical stuff but none of the wire colors match and the manual is worthless. Apparently everyone thinks so according to the reviews. I'm going to contact them tomorrow. Its said that if you call customer support they'll send you a better wiring schematic and walk you through it. I'm thinking you may be right, just never dreamed simply hooking up the battery would be so complicated.