tec diaphram carbs

delray

i think they work great on any stock setup small block tecumseh. you can run them at any angle and not worry about starving it out of fuel. my early 70's mtd/columbia bike came factory with one and was mounted at a angle. tecumseh seem to use them on there early 70's motors that were paint silver and for bikes that had a angle mounted setups and then after that you really didn't see them anymore? maybe only on sears edger's and they were mounted flat and 2-stroke engines.:shrug:

Last edited:

oldfatguy

the one nice thing is there is no float and needle to cause problems. The diaphragm carbs were used on lawn mowers back then it is very hard to find one with a choke lever.Another plus is that they don't go bad from a rusted check ball like the float carbs do.

delray

yes oldfatguy, also could find them on late 60's and early 70's vertical engines,but they probable won't have the choke lever(minibike style) like you where saying.......:scooter:

delray

yes they will still work on any stock small block 4hp or 5hp motors. alot of the vintage bikes that had them were 4hp motors.:thumbsup:

Don't realy need a choke just run a primer line.

I ran a pariu of them on a progressive linkage back inthe 80s on a an engine that was both reed and piston ported....

It didn't last long but it was not the little lauson carbs fault but rather a weak and over reved UNI block that let me down.