Tecumseh 2.5 horse

Did any collectable USA bike come with a 2.5 horse Tecumseh? I bought a mini bike sight unseen, and it appears to be an old import (maybe from Tiawan) It's complete, and should run. I have no interest in keeping this bike, I plan on cleaning the carb, and listing it for sale. But before I do, I wanted to give a heads up to my OldMiniBikes brothers, in case someone is trying to do a correct restoration on a USA bike. I'm trying to help someone that might need this motor, so please help me by not asking for pictures or info unless you are seriously interested.
In case you are wondering about the bike, it has spoked wheels, rear drum brake, springs on the front, gas tank on top of frame, and a Comet lookalike torque converter with a jackshaft through the frame. I'm asking $150 for it running and driving. If you need just the motor, send me a PM, and I'll sell the rest as a roller.
Tim

James,
Please define "Vintage"? (i.e., up until what YEAR?):confused:
The vintage ones have a smaller shroud and a little aluminum flywheel.the pullstart cup was made of aluminum and the part the rope wraps around inside the recoil is aluminum too(not plastic)like the non vintage.The taper on the flywheel side of the crank is smaller too.Then you know you have a vintage Tecumseh.

Thanks roccosbike,
I ask because the term "vintage" can be very subjective. What is "vintage" to one individual may not be to another. That being said, I have a 1981 Tec 2.5 HP that meets most of your criteria, except that the pull start cup and the recoil roper winder/pulley are STEEL, not aluminum- Is this engine still considered "vintage"?

james c

Thanks roccosbike,
I ask because the term "vintage" can be very subjective. What is "vintage" to one individual may not be to another. That being said, I have a 1981 Tec 2.5 HP that meets most of your criteria, except that the pull start cup and the recoil roper winder/pulley are STEEL, not aluminum- Is this engine still considered "vintage"?
that could be, lets get a pic of it, is it like the one i posted pics of?
the skat kitty engine would be around a 1970 but may still be the same and has the side exhaust

It is really quite similar. I cannot post pics right now as the engine has been disassembled for painting. It will be back together in about a week and I'll post pics.

Here's a picture of the motor, it is a side exhaust. The numbers on the shroud are: MODEL 143-581022 SERIAL 8129 02575
This engine might be steel sleeved.I guess Tecumseh did it for craftsman engines.In one of Jeff Clarks posts he said he looks for old Tecumseh craftsman engines because they seem to be steel sleeved. when I got the white engine I pulled the head and sure enough it was steel sleeved.