Tecumseh Go Kart Engine Help

Well, get your throttle "bar/rod" to peddle hooked up, then run a cable (red) to the engine. There are two ways to hook to the engine and you can see by moving the lever (green) Then cut the cable housing the right size and clamp your cable (or hook up) the cable to the throttle/foot peddle "bar/ rod".

Make sense? Your rod/bar should have a return spring at the end near the rear wheel to help the throttle return to idle.

Last edited:
Well, get your throttle "bar/rod" to peddle hooked up, then run a cable (red) to the engine. There are two ways to hook to the engine and you can see by moving the lever (green) Then cut the cable housing the right size and clamp your cable (or hook up) the cable to the throttle/foot peddle "bar/ rod".

Make sense? Your rod/bar should have a return spring at the end near the rear wheel to help the throttle return to idle.
Would this work?

eBay Motors: Throttle Cable 150cc 250cc Go kart 88 Inches Gokarts (item 220384677446 end time Apr-24-09 23:10:25 PDT)

you can just use a $3 mini bike cable and some connectors. I use old cables I took off mini's because all you need is a few feet.

Hook up your rod and set everything up then see what you need. :thumbsup:

Does the engine run? I hope it had an air cleaner! Have you change the oil lately? (use 30w)