Tecumseh H35 engine for a Rupp Scrambler help needed

Hi All,

I am in the process of restoring 2 Rupp minibikes I purchased a few years ago. A purple Rupp Roadster II with original title and a Green Scrambler.

Focusing on the Green Scrambler with a Tecumseh H35-45348H engine.

Step one will be to obtain an exploded parts list, showing Rupp specific parts and determine if all the parts are correct, does anyone have one?

From what I can tell the most if not all parts look correct.

The block cover plate does not have a roller bearing which I thought these Rupp engines did or maybe its just the HS40?

I have taken the engine apart and have noted the piston (standard size) is scored and the block bore is scored. It will need to bored out at least .010 and a new piston and rings.

The crank has a damaged keyway where the flywheel is keyed to the crank. I will either have to have the crankshaft repaired of find a good replacement.

The flywheel Tecumseh part number is 31332.

Does anyone have a good crank for the H35 for sale?

Thanks,

Bill

markus

Partstree or any of the other sites that offer the oem/replacement tecumseh parts have the breakdowns, The actual parts explosion you look at though are generic depictions of the engines, there are no specific parts explosions showing the actual parts. The parts list though shows pretty true for actual part numbers used for the specific model, only times numbers change is if there was a direct replacement or update, and most of that is usually noted.

I have been trying to catalog engine numbers and what they were used on when I see and/or or rebuild them and can verify correct for a couple years now, I do have the 45348H listed as Rupp 1971 H35 ball bearing extended length 3/4" crank, non lighted engine.

If it does not have a ball bearing supported crankshaft currently, then it has been altered in some way over the years, so if you source the correct #33085 bearing crankshaft, you would have to also source the single oil fill sidecover for ball bearing, c clip, bearing, seal, bearing retaining screws/washers, etc. in order to make it a ball bearing. so you need to decide the route you want to take so you can get the correct parts to work with.

Thanks Markus, that really helps. I have two crankshafts, the one that was in the engine and one I purchased off of Ebay as a NOS.
The one that was in the engine appears to have had a sleeve pressed on or maybe even silver soldered on so it will work with a non ball bearing end plate. The NOS crank from Ebay has a small journal measuring .849.

I plan to keep it stock so the next step will be to order a ball bearing style end plate/parts and either get one crank fixed or look for yet another.

Bill