tecumseh h35 recoil starter wanted.

dirt

hello i have rebuilt mine , but to keeps pulling out and wont return to the housing .i saw one for $40.00 but .........

dirt

its held on with 4 nuts.it takes apart as follows, phililp screw in middle.spring under screw, small cover remover and has 1 dog held with a little screw. (do i need 2 dogs? ) the pully seems fine. i see that the outside case is worn and missing some of the round metal that holds the pullyin place. i wish i had a town dump neer me to scavange parts. i start the h35 and leave the recoil starter on the ground. last week it stalled 1 mile away. man that s*cked

I will go find ya one in the morning.. Most of those starter cups have a small notch in them so you can pull your rope out, cut it off at the housing, tie a knot in the end, stick it in the notch, wrap your cord around the recoil hub, and pull.... (rip cord) like a lot of the older engines used. I like them just because it looks cool and never ever breaks. :scooter:

[/IMG]

I have a few of them too. I live on the south shore. Not sure where you are in Mass. but if you're close you could just swing by and grab one.

Yeah I have a lot of them.. Most small engine nuts have way more of that piece than they need. I can mail ya one, or if ya can find someone local ya might get one for free. :wink: