Tecumseh H50 Spark Plug

mustangfrank

Can anybody tell me the best Spark Plug (brand & p/n) to use in a Tecumseh H50?
I'm getting a lot of carbon fouling.:confused:
I like the factory Champion RJ17LM, if the ignition is a little weak or the engine is a little "loose" you can use the hotter RJ19LM to stay cleaner longer (to a point).

If you're asking for a brand recommendation, there is no right answer.

I like the factory Champion RJ17LM, if the ignition is a little weak or the engine is a little "loose" you can use the hotter RJ19LM to stay cleaner longer (to a point).

If you're asking for a brand recommendation, there is no right answer.
Thank You MustangFrank for the fast reply. I got this engine used & couldn't read the p/n on the plug. I found a chart but I wanted to get an opinion from a club member. Appreciate it!

mustangfrank

Thank You MustangFrank for the fast reply. I got this engine used & couldn't read the p/n on the plug. I found a chart but I wanted to get an opinion from a club member. Appreciate it!
Yeah that makes it even harder, I don't know how many engines I've inherited with a B&S CJ8 plug in the hole...they run on just about anything.

Yeah that makes it even harder, I don't know how many engines I've inherited with a B&S CJ8 plug in the hole...they run on just about anything.
Hey Mustang Frank- thanks again. I got this engine off eBay and it ran fine on the bench. It's been on my bike running for about 3 hours now. I don't have any idea how many hours were on that plug prior. Now I'll keep my eye on it when I replace it. Thanks again, Robert.