Tecumseh H70 Crankshaft

Hi I'm new to this forum. I just started to put my old Rupp Roadster back together. I got a hold of a H70. I had to buy a old mini bike with it in it but the deal was a good one and did not want to pass it up. The actualy runs. However once I got it home I found that the shaft was a tapered shaft with no key way. I don't think that is Normal is it? Also if I do need a shaft with a key where can I get a new crank? Are there any out there. Also who is a good builder customizer for these small engines as I want to restore this back to original? Thanks in advance.

Mike

KB2ROCKET

that shaft was most likely used in a generator you can have it turned down to 3/4" cut short then end drilled and tapped then have a keyway machined into it but its really not worth it even if you have the machining tools to do it as it is a lot of work
good luck
I would start shopping for a new crank or different engine

Well there are no "new" ones, but you may find a NOS somewhere, maybe at a long time power equipment dealer or evilbay. I got one from there a few years ago for my snow blower motor. The parts list shows around 15 or 20 different versions of an H70 crank. I find most snow blowers have 3/4" keyed and tapped shaft ends. The problem with used ones is most of the ones I see have used up rod bearing surfaces. But you can still get after market undersized rods for these.

Good Luck:thumbsup:

KB2ROCKET

you need to ues the engine model and ser. number as a guide some of those engines had dual bearings and some didnt this matters when selecting the correct crank
if it has two holes like these next to the crank it is a dual bearing motor

Last edited:

KB2ROCKET

he stated that their was nothing on the link I supplyed but it works for me

hot tip of the day
H60 Block
H70 Crank
H50 blower housing with a 5hp sticker :thumbsup:

george3

you need to ues the engine model and ser. number as a guide some of those engines had dual bearings and some didnt this matters when selecting the correct crank
if it has two holes like these next to the crank it is a dual bearing motor
This dosent mean duel ball bearing. Its pto ball bearing on the H70. HH70 I think is dual ball bearing.
I been looking for a correct crank for that engine for quite a while. if anybody knows where to get a new one tell me also.

125ccCrazy

This dosent mean duel ball bearing. Its pto ball bearing on the H70. HH70 I think is dual ball bearing.
I been looking for a correct crank for that engine for quite a while. if anybody knows where to get a new one tell me also.
George you need an h70 bearing or hh70 crank? if its the h70 you can use a standard bushing h70 crank with a briggs 5hp large pto bearing with any h50,h60 or h70 bearing side cover...

george3

I am sure the bushing crank is the same just has a bearing pressed on it. the prob is I need the crank for the H70 cant find one.