tecumseh lighting coil question

Does anyone know if all H60's or HH60's came with lighting coils? I am in need of an H60 or HH60 and found on in the next state over but have no idead if it has a lighting coil. It is on an old snowblower. Thanks.

No not all did, only if the item they went on called for lights, Most Tecumseh's you find do not have a lighting coils. If you find one with lighting coil your lucky and saved your self some money.

If the snowblower had electic start, the the motor had to have some kind of lighting coil. I know there was a voltage regulator that wasn't part of the motor so you might want to buy the whole snowblower to get all the parts.

He's right I forget about electric start engines would have the coil too. All my bike except for 4 bikes you have to kick or pull start them.

richs

most snow blowers had a 120 electric start but some came with lights so once it was started :drinkup:it would generate its own lighting power I got alot of my lighting staters and flywheels that way

The tecumseh H60 in the mini in my avatar has a 12 volt starter. My buddy was a small engine repair guy for years and he told me they used them on commercial Ariens snowblower with a single spot light. He was a Ariens dealer and he also told me about the charging coils for the newer tecumseh starting recoils. But the starter is somewhat hard to find but not impossible along with a charging recoil.

delray

my original vt-8 super bronc with the factory 8hp has a lighted coil and factory 12volt starter. you can find big block h60 motors with lighted coils on older snowblower units that came with a light mounted on them. you just need to live in the snow belt county to find them:xmas-smiley-016: most of the time you can find the whole snowblower unit for less then $100 bucks. most of the people that have one for sale have no clue that us guys use them for are minibikes:smile: