Tecumseh mystery bike

markus

The bike is a Manco based off what they called a scamp ( a name and I think design they picked up from Fox corporation after they went under), they were also sold through Sears at the same time. I have never seen one outfitted like yours but that tank is a Manco used one as well of the same era. I do kinda think it was converted though, the tank straps look welded after the paint, and the engine head bolts have the 2 long studs with spacers to hold the orginal tank on the engine....just stuck on the back two head bolts. the bike should be right around 1977/78 The engines head design and head bolts kinda say that as well.

foxymanco (3).jpg

markus

Thanks for the info! Here’s another pic if it helps.

View attachment 255758
Yea you can see in that photo of the front of the engine that it came from the factory with an attached tank, the little unpainted triangle area at that bolt that hold the cylinder deflector on is the tell there. as thats where the lower bracket for the tank sat. Thats really neat that they used a Manco tank on it, plus those tanks are really good looking as far as the plastic tanks went. Very cool little find, your gonna hate the paint/powdercoat, whatever the hell that crap is they used on their bikes. It flakes off in sheets in some spots and sticks like it was part of the steel in others.