Tecumseh Paint Code?

Jeff,

Looks like you have plenty of options from the other responses.

You may wish to look into Cardinal Industrial Finishes, A-4107-WH 121 White. (602) 437-2401. I had my local powder coating company finish my Tecumseh blower housing and other related pieces in this color for my Bonanza mini-bike.

I also had some 12oz spray cans mixed as well from Cardinal, an acrylic enamel based paint that matches the powder coat well. Listed as Semi-Gloss, it really has the right sheen, with the touch of gloss that matches the Tecumseh bone white color well.

Good luck.

-Doug
Thx...But this was actually an old thread someone revived...I've since found a color and product I really like and have done 7-8 engines. One of the biggest keys is to prepare properly and make sure the engine is SODA BLASTED and truly ready for paint. I purchased a small soda blast tank specifically for this purpose and other mini bike parts as well, and it works very well. :thumbsup:

SO, I found a better solution. I now use DUPLI-COLOR "DOVER ARTIC WHITE" - which is part of the "perfect match" series from Dupli-Color. I have used many colors including Wimbledon White, and they are not close enough. DOVER ARTIC WHITE is it.
I happen to buy a can of Dupli-Color Dover Artic White today and it is damn near a perfect match. I sprayed a sample piece and held it next to a NOS recoil and it was spot on!

Bikerscum

I've been using the arctic white in the pen bottle for touchups... looks like an exact match. I use it on bolt heads, screw slots etc. that get the paint rubbed off.

I happen to buy a can of Dupli-Color Dover Artic White today and it is damn near a perfect match. I sprayed a sample piece and held it next to a NOS recoil and it was spot on!
:wink: Nice!!! I use it all time...and it's an easy paint to work with. If you also use the clear coat, you can get a nice sheen/shine on the finish. :thumbsup:

The Duplicolor engine white I put on the 6hp Tec in the Super Bronc is not that resistant. Seems I have a small leak on my carb and the paint is turning yellow and bubbling. I spilled a little putting gas in the tank and where the gas was, even though I wiped it up quick, is noticeably duller than the rest.

Thx...But this was actually an old thread someone revived...I've since found a color and product I really like and have done 7-8 engines. One of the biggest keys is to prepare properly and make sure the engine is SODA BLASTED and truly ready for paint. I purchased a small soda blast tank specifically for this purpose and other mini bike parts as well, and it works very well. :thumbsup:
When you soda blast the motor do you leave it whole.