Tell me what you know about a Triton mini bike please

KB2ROCKET

Let me clear this up the bike was for sale on craigs list here in Florida and I bought it for the asking price of $250.00 included in the deal was a second bike minus a engine that I have cleaned up and put away for a future project .
It is hard for me to stay focused with so many projects in the works I am currently trying to stay with my Rupp Sprint project then it's on to finish my vintage kart with 2 animals

furyus

Let me clear this up the bike was for sale on craigs list here in Florida and I bought it for the asking price of $250.00 included in the deal was a second bike minus a engine that I have cleaned up and put away for a future project .
It is hard for me to stay focused with so many projects in the works I am currently trying to stay with my Rupp Sprint project then it's on to finish my vintage kart with 2 animals
Yeah, that Go Kart mini was a great find, can't fault you for that purchase! I've found myself doing the same thing, though - piling up the projects and getting nothing done on any of them. That's why I'm trying to stay focused solely on my Sprints, even though the tug of a drag mini and maybe another vintage kart and hey! why not a REAL motorcycle for the kids?

FOH-kus!

I'd dig seeing a Sprint update from you, KB.

furyus

furyus

Haha! KB! Saw your "With Great Caution" post on REAR. Of course David "Forum Police" Luciani would say he didn't know if it was "appropriate" even though he wanted to see more pics (but maybe you could post them off-site, like photo-bucket, since this part of the Internets is a sacred vintage karting forum?) Give me a break. That dude just has to pee all over everything.

Another dude pipes up that of course mini-bikes are OK, as long as they're two-strokes. As fanatical as these guys are, I'm surprised I never see any of them hauling their karts to the track with a Saab or a DKW. Don't ever let 'em know your putting "potato diggers" on that Capitol Kart of yours, they'll be at your garage door with torches and pitchforks in no time.

Some of the folks over there get it, and they enjoyed seeing your minibike. It's just that very vocal minority that scurries about making sure all the vintage rules are followed, karting Pharisees if you will, that are real buzz killers.

furyus

KB2ROCKET

Originaly I was going to mount my villiers 197cc two stroke on the back of my capitol kart then they informed me that only 2 cycle American made fan cooled engines were cool - but the fact that they are ignoring is in 1960 American made karts were infact legaly racing using villiers engines and my villiers engine was period correct as it was made from 1955 to 1967
that's when I decided to power my ultra rare American vintage racing kart with animal engines and I'm going to use modern brakes too :)

furyus

Originaly I was going to mount my villiers 197cc two stroke on the back of my capitol kart then they informed me that only 2 cycle American made fan cooled engines were cool - but the fact that they are ignoring is in 1960 American made karts were infact legaly racing using villiers engines and my villiers engine was period correct as it was made from 1955 to 1967
that's when I decided to power my ultra rare American vintage racing kart with animal engines and I'm going to use modern brakes too :)
Karts, minis, hot rods - they're all toys. There shouldn't be so dang many rules (someone please bookmark this to wave in my face at some future date).

I'm sure your Capitol Kart will be extremely cool with modern bits.

furyus

KB2ROCKET

It will retain it's vintage theme it will be like a 60's hot rod but just like the sprint all mods will be bolt ons the original frame will stay original