Tell me what you know about a Triton mini bike please

KB2ROCKET

Look at all this junk that was added to the other frame I wish I knew what the heck he was trying to do :)
my guess is he didn't like hand brakes and he was trying to make foot brakes

Last edited:

KB2ROCKET

if you look at both of my bikes you may notice that the way the front wheel bolts to the fork is the same as the scrambler but different than the enduro ... interesting
I may take the good bike apart and grind off all the welds that hold that pedal mechinism to the frame then repaint it I am pretty sure it didnt come that way from the factory:blink:

You've got one of the Grand-Daddy's

Nice purchase on your Mini-Bikes.

In my book; the "old" Go-Kart Mini-Bikes (like yours) and the Frijoles are the Grand-Daddy of Classic Vintage Mini-Bikes.

info on mini bike

Most likely (can't say for sure on year because of bad pics.) a 69 or 70-72 Clinton racing motor 2 stroke 5558rpm and its a reverse rotation engine. It runs with a 50-1 gas/fuel mix made for a right side cart mount for go kart racing and that's the correct muffler so it will run great and its original racing parts.
the frame is a taco frijole frame a original seat rims but not tires.

Most likely (can't say for sure on year because of bad pics.) a 69 or 70-72 Clinton racing motor 2 stroke 5558rpm and its a reverse rotation engine. It runs with a 50-1 gas/fuel mix made for a right side cart mount for go kart racing and that's the correct muffler so it will run great and its original racing parts.
the frame is a taco frijole frame a original seat rims but not tires.

Those right-hand Clintons were around in the late 50's when this whole go-kart and MiniBike thing started.

I haven't seen a Frijole any where in this thread..??

CC 51

Nice vintage bike! This is a later version Flexo. I have a clinton A 400, I really thought about putting it on the one. One of these days I might do it.

KB2ROCKET

the second frame I have confuses me has anyone ever seen a chrome Flexo or Go-Kart brand enduro?
if this chrome is a factory job I might consider having it rechromed but so far I cant find any evidence of such a thing ever exsisting
help
this weekend I am going to unbolt all the garbage from this frame and see how much I can restore the remaining chrome right now its in very bad shape rusting flaking and peeling

KB2ROCKET

Here is a picture of one that was tastfuly customized I think it started life as an enduro but now has a westbend and a jackshaft
I like it :)