Terra Floater 2 Stroke!!!

I'm freshening up this old Terra floater 2 stroke. The biggest obstacle for me will be the engine. The rest will be powder coated or replaced. New knobby tires have been ordered.

I looked on the jug and it reads 102 cc. Sweet!
On the side missing a case cover, the internals read :
"Kokusan Denki Co Made In Japan
RPM 500 - 10000
Type FA 119
NO 1F
4192"

Wonder what it means????

Kokusan Denki (denki means electric) did a lot of the ignition and generating systems in engines. Their specialty continues to be electromotive in nature.

The Type FA 119 number corresponds to the flywheel used on the Hodaka 100cc engines. More info here.

This guy might be a good resource.

I'm guessing a version of a Hodaka 4 speed. Cool bike.

Kokusan Denki (denki means electric) did a lot of the ignition and generating systems in engines. Their specialty continues to be electromotive in nature.

The Type FA 119 number corresponds to the flywheel used on the Hodaka 100cc engines. More info here.

This guy might be a good resource.

I'm guessing a version of a Hodaka 4 speed. Cool bike.
Thanks for the links, I was having trouble finding old threads of this bike.

Way cool machine man. I bet it scoots along quite nicely even with those big tires.

Can you still buy the chevron style baloon tires that were common back in the 70's? I see you went with the more modern square tread pattern.

I took off the tow bar tonight. Someone welded two bars onto the end of the frame, and the tow bar slides over the tube stock welded on the frame. Then they drilled a hole on either end of the tow bar and threaded it for a bolt like a set screw. The same engineering is seen for the rear rack.