the new DB 30, worth it or POS?

ive been looking for a good mini bike for the past.... long time :laugh:

my budget is going to be no more than $350.

so, is the DB30 (new version) a piece of junk? it seems like there is much more plastic and less metal. also the frame design isnt as good as the old one IMO. but i have only seen pictures.

i have a 6.5 engine i can put on it, will it fit the new frame style?

i have a welder and grinder so i can modify things if need be.... but im not looking to slice apart a brand new mini.

whats with the recalls? called pepboys and they said they didnt have it, and it was recalled because of a leaking gas cap and sticking throttle.

by all means, if its just a gas cap and throttle cable, i can improvise.

cheers :drinkup:

heres the pic.

Get the old one used on craigslist. The new one requires a little more cutting of the rear frame hoop to get the 6.5 in there. The seat is nicer though. You'll end up having to upgrade the brakes also to the ProMod hydraulic. I haven't done mine yet but i need to if i ride it much more.

gbabins1

I like the old style frame myself, you can find one on CL pretty cheap I'm sure. .... and you'll have more money left over for upgrades. :thumbsup:

dind't you say that about a badger 100 just the other day?
yes i did. but it just sold apparently.

I like the old style frame myself, you can find one on CL pretty cheap I'm sure. .... and you'll have more money left over for upgrades. :thumbsup:
yeah the old frames were great. kind of a shame that they changed the design. i have been trying to get one since 2005 on and off, and well i guess i missed it now. i should be getting a warrior in 2 days if all goes well, i like that frame too.

Blue, I can tell you what, where do you live? If you make a roadtrip to Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada go to Canadian Tire, and they have like 15 old style DB30, never been sold yet! You will probly pay like $250-$300 for it but they hav em. :thumbsup:

The warriors are nice, but take a peice of advice from a owner of one with a 6.5hp, put a TC on it. The way the jackshaft is set up you will only get 20mph. Atleast I just found that out, and am now gonna buy a TC.

toomanytoys

The warriors are nice, but take a peice of advice from a owner of one with a 6.5hp, put a TC on it. The way the jackshaft is set up you will only get 20mph. Atleast I just found that out, and am now gonna buy a TC.
When my rupp goes I am going to pick up a warrior. 6.5 on it already, i have a spare torque, be a nice little cruiser.

Yeah, that's what I found too, $180 on ebay. First i am gonna try re-gearing the jackshaft because it'll be alot cheaper, and I won't have to wait as long to get the parts. The way I figure it, I should be able to re-gear the jackshaft so I can get 35mph out of it. :scooter: