The perfect DB

This is my 7yo daughter's DB, it has a 1976 3hp briggs with a 2hp vacujet carb to detune it some. With a pulsajet it really goes plus it will soon get a 70 tooth sprocket where it now has a 65 so it runs great for a kid but her confidence is high so she wants more "go". The engine was $15 on an old edger and the seat is from a fitness machine found on the side of the road, it keeps her forward and from sliding back. She rides it like she stole it as often as possible, she cut her minibiking teeth on a DB and I got her a Bird Wren and she hated the scrub brake. She wanted her DB back but I had already swapped a clone into it for her 15yo brother, I bought the next one I saw for $100. This is the perfect DB, it starts every time and is ridden for a couple of trouble free hours four or more days a week.

Clutch cover by MetalMan

So cool that your daughter likes to ride. I hope one day mine will!
Nice ride dude.
She actually is more into it than her brother but he's 15 and has a guitar and long hair so his mind is otherwise occupied. He'll ride but he wants no part of working on one. Lindajane loves to hand me tools like he used to, I'll enjoy it while I can!:thumbsup:

beats the hell out of the 2.8 for sure....
Her cousin has a new style DB with a 70 tooth sprocket and the briggs with a 65 tooth passes it like it's parked and will soon have a 70. It will carry me along fine and I can take off without a push and when the 70 tooth sprocket is installed it'll take off even easier. It's the safe answer to the 2.8 for sure and the best part is it's slotted the same as a 6.5 but it'll be a while before she's ready for that much power. Maybe when she's ten.:laugh:

I just got my 8yr old lil girl to ride mini's with me. She kinda took over the badger I have, and with her light weight I figure the showdy frame can handle her better than me. Of course we look everything over constantly to make sure its safe. All and all, I cant wait to get her to our cabin!! :thumbsup::scooter:

The DB30 is really the NEW classic. Full size,Handles good, with a disk brake !
Youll see,in 10 years, these will be the "OG DB's" that people are looking for.
Well see.

Already "BarnFind" DBs, got these almost two years ago and they were actually siting in a barn for a few years prior to my getting them both for $125. They cleaned up well.

It's nice to see young kids into rding mini bikes. :scooter: Now it seems that alot of kids (and their parents) don't want to have mini bikes because they can potentially require more work than say dirt bikes. :grind: When I was little I never wanted a dirt bike or a quad, I wanted a mini bike, but now my 9 year old cousin refuses to ride mini bikes because they are not ''as kool'' as his dirt bike! :doah: I can still out run his 150cc honda on my bike with the honda clone though...tee hee hee. :thumbsup:

I got my son a DB to use as a stepping stone to get him riding our old Honda XR75dirtbike..Trouble is after installing a clone engine and a few hop up goodies the DB will smoke the honda and is easier to ride.

I got my son a DB to use as a stepping stone to get him riding our old Honda XR75dirtbike..Trouble is after installing a clone engine and a few hop up goodies the DB will smoke the honda and is easier to ride.
True that. Mini bikes are the ultimate learner hot rod per say, because they allow kids cut there teeth in skills like welding, painting, mechanics. Also, rarely do you need a new frame, you can just drop a bigger engine in as you kid grows up.

my first minibike was a gen1 db30 and i still rather ride it over my thunder bird... with a hyd brake upgrade and a 6.5 clone its a blast... even tho my thunder bird has a 6.5 on it the db30 out runs it and i can throw it in corners easier...

The reason for the 3hp is my daughter is 7yrs old, she's a few years away from a 6.5 swap. I may be putting a 3.5 briggs on my 15yo son's DB rather than the clone on it now. We ride on my property, 3 acres in the city and the 6.5 is too powerful for him for the style of riding we do there. I put the 70 tooth on the orange one today and it will take off even better with all 210# of my redneck ass on it, it had a 65 and five teeth make a hell of a difference. So the boy's which already has 70 teeth will have plenty of torque, he has a bobber for street riding with dad every once in a while but not as much as he'd like. Mine has had a clone from the go and has a header with a cheater spring and 65 tooth rear sprocket, it will go 45+ and has good low end torque for a stock clone. We love em but it's time to start on some of the vintage stuff, I've been gathering parts for three bikes pretty heavily and a few things for the rest and it's time for tire and tubes, chain etc. The Cat 300x will likely be first followed by the Trailhorse, they will be resto mods but close to original as possible. I have a couple more that will take more work and require some tough parts to find but I'll get em done eventually!

:thumbsup:
The DBs will get maintained and a few mods done but I have to get moving on the others eventually.:doah:

Hey supernova, can I come live in your garage..? Or maybe just come play in there once in a while..? You have some really COOL toys... :thumbsup:

Hey supernova, can I come live in your garage..? Or maybe just come play in there once in a while..? You have some really COOL toys... :thumbsup:
Too many kids around here already.:laugh: We have some fun, just got the track groomed and now it looks like rain.:doah: