the start of apekd's DB build

Talked to my recruiter at last night. Got my process started. Friday I go in and give him my papers and then should get my schedule for MEPS and RSP. Going to get into 91B (Wheeled Mechanic). Im going to RSP once a month untill september. Then I will be shipping off to basic. anyways, I will still have small updates untill this little beauty is finished.

Thanks. I will be leaving for Basic in May, and then should be back from basic and AIT in September. I qualify for ANY job, but I want to be a tank crewman most of all. I should also be going to Iraq in september With my good friend who is in the Guard as well. He is infantry, but thats ok. I can stand his cocky attitude.

No real updates for the DB but I did start to tear apart and rebuild the stock 100cc engine. I saw a few videos on youtube of a few guys runnin engines that sized on old powerwheels during winter. So i figure ill drop 100 bucks down on the 100cc, another 100 on powerwheel and some parts and then have some fun. I also may NOT being going to iraq due to stupid things that I cannot control (mainly the fact that my basic and AIT both got 1 more week attached to them. So ill be here. :( but I should finish my DB and the clone engine this winter and have a fun little bike to ride around on hehehe

Wow its been a long time. Guess I should update this.

Well after 8 months of training, my knee gave out on me. I was discharged due to medical reasons, but because of a 3 to 5 month time it takes to get medical discharge I just got a general with honors. So sadly, no extra money for me but oh well.

Well while I was gone the bike sat, and sat and sat. The engine is now gone. my brother rebuilt it and it worked, so I let him keep it and it is now a rotatiller engine. works GREAT and is way stronger than the old engine.

Now that I have a full time job and money coming in, I plan on buying a new engine, getting a thumb throttle, and a new rear rim and tire. Last thing that will happen will be paint. sandblasting the whole frame and painting it black and white. if I have the extra money it will get powder coated so hopefully I can do that.

Anyways, thanks to some of the members who watched this who actually emailed me and asked about the project, you guys made me want to start up on her again.