Thirdeye's DB30

Picked up on a stock DB30 a few months ago. I stripped it bare and painted it. I put the HF Predator 7HP 212cc in it and took out 2 links on the chain. Got a new throttle handle and cable and also a new brake for it. I also upgraded tires with a Carlisle Snow Hog for the front and a Carlisle X-Trac for the rear both 15x5x6. And just recently I wired up a light and switch that runs off a rechargeable battery. Next on the list is a hydro brake. I take it out for some rough off roadin weekly and its awesome.

Pics:

Thanks, the headlight is the stock fog light from my Jeep.

Had these pictures too:

Used to have the skull and the cup holder on there :thumbsup:

Welcome.:thumbsup: You should check out ProMod's Motovox fork swap, sure would help off road. I have a set of sprung DB forks that I built and broke but they will soon be repaired and a fork plate added to eliminate the flex that broke em. They will be slugged with 5/8" round stock a foot inside as well so they will not break again, I no longer have the DB they were on but my 17yo boy wants to sell me his DB to fix his Malibu up and he has other minis. I like vintage stuff but love the guilt free mods you can do on DBs, I like your light setup and the fact you thrash it off road.:thumbsup:

Shocks up front are definitely on the list. Do they sell a bolt on front fork assembly with shocks? Or is it a weld on kit? I have access to a welder so it doesn't really matter.

I was unable to find a link with it for sale anywhere. Got a link?

Did some sweet ridin this weekend. Went with a buddy and did some crazy off roading. Super muddy out there, tons of fun. Had a few bails and broke the weld that holds the front fender. I'm guessing that the light was putting some stress on it.

Then another friend of mine picked up a mini on CL and we did some crazy night riding. I ended up eating it again and the lever for the brake broke! Anybody know where to get a replacement?

Pics:

I grew up over in Martinez, I just new that country looked familiar. I been all over that country back many moons ago. Such memories!!!!!!!!!!:smile:

In the 60s-70s you could ride anywhere with wide open spaces and people did not seem to mind much. San Ramon was a wide spot in the road and Mtz. was not much more. Graduated from Alhambra High in 72'.

Man I bet those were the days...

Everywhere over here is fenced off behind a locked gate.
You can get the mini bikes in through the small gates to ride. But its probably frowned upon.
Can't take the jeep anywhere local anymore :(

No different in Virginia or North Carolina.

They don't want you riding anywhere.

Municipalities are too worried over being sued for injuries.

Well been doing some good riding. 2 friends of mine each picked up on their own DB30 recently. They're busy guys and didn't want to do the work to put the Predy in, so they gave their bikes to me and I did the install.

The first bike; Came with a 5HP engine on it, not sure what manufacturer but it was slow off the start. Engine is in good shape though, may use it for another project. Got the Predy on easy and didnt even have to remove any links off the chain which was nice.

The rear tire went flat, turns out it had tubes in it :shrug: and the went bad, so tires and valves on the way for it

2nd bike; came completely stock, except it had a custom chain tensioner with a spring on it. Got it built quick, fresh clutch, removed a couple links and it was rollin in no time.

And my bike, got the headlight relocated and have been riding it hard without problems! :2thumbsup:
And I let a friend ride it recently and the handle bars got bent to hell. Made a little custom fender for it haha

All the toys: :D

And Fresh treads!!!!!!!