Thirdeye's DB30

Oh yea! We got a local group of 6 so far. And 3 more in sacramento.

Almost forgot, got pulled over by the cops yesterday. All he really said was "those aren't street legal." Haha he didn't do anything, let us go. I think thats the 5th time ive been pulled over

Last edited:
Not much action lately.. just been ridin like usual. Most of the homies have been busy, so haven't been doin much all day rides on the weekends. But, did a little bit last weekend and ran out of gas, so my buddy was all set for a tow with his bike rack. Fits perfect!

Made a custom sticker in place of the 212cc. Some of my friends/riders' clothing company. Be sure to check them out Ekows Culture

Then I took some # decals I found around the house and slapped them on. Numbers don't have any meaning, just threw them on for fun. Kinda looks photoshopped, but it isn't! swear. haha

And also, was messin around with some springs on the seat.... I dunno, it worked alright, but the front needs some way to pivot with the rest of the seat, maybe another spring or some type of hinge or something... What do you guys think about it? Not sure if I like it or not... I took it off for now because the front mount fell apart. But maybe with some persistence it could work...

Last edited:
Thirdeye, 2 things. 1. What the hell happened to your front forks? 2. I sprung my seat similar to that. Used a gate hinge on front to pivot,works great . It's been that way for 3 years now , never a problem . I had to experiment some with the springs , for my weight, 180#, but once I got it right it sure made the difference for me. My area is real rough and rocky so these minis will beat you up. The first set I wasn't heavy enough to even mash them down . Took 3 tries for me. I always run 8# of air in my tires. Good Luck:grind:

The forks; I had bent them a bit when I first got it, the throttle got stuck open somehow, I was going for a turn and sh*t didn't slow down! So I smashed into a curb and broke my toe. Then I let a friend ride it around our off road spot, and when he came back they were bent even more! Not too sure what happened there... Can't find new forks online anywhere. I would like to do maybe the MBX11 forks or cut and weld some suspension in. But I really can't find any parts :shrug:

I was thinking a hinge up front would be the way to go. The springs are from an old go-ped seat I had laying around. Was also thinking maybe some steel brackets to prevent the seat from bending, or weld the spring mount further back.

As for tire pressure, we run the full 20psi cause we ride them on the street too... How does 8 do on the street?

Well... I just picked up two more DBs today :D

One has a green paint job with the Honda 5.5HP GX200. Also has the hydraulic brake already installed.

So it rides pretty good, but top speed is definitely lacking. Don't think it's gonna keep up with the Predys. Any good ways to get some more top end on this engine????

Pics:

And the second one is stock. Looks like it has a jack shaft or torque converter or something. And it also looks like it has some kind of after market gas tank. Not too sure. Its got a crappy silver paint job but is gonna need an engine. I got a 5hp Tecumseh from an old bike, But don't know if its gonna keep up with the other bikes.

Pic:

Yea its got the stock engine. I meant I have a 5hp Tecumseh layin around in my garage to put on it.

But seriously, what's the best way to get some more top speed our of the GX200? I guess remove the governor?

Long time no updates....

Alot has happened with these bikes... The bent forks on the black bike broke thanks to a friend crashing it. The green bike I jumped and bent the frame, so I swapped the honda to the silver bike and painted it blue. Picked up another red bike for a friend that came with the predy and governor removed.

So after that, I took the Governers out of the black bike and the honda. Both hit about 45 now.

Was riding the black bike off road and jumped it and the frame snapped by the steering stem. Welded it back together and added a couple gussets for fun. And now I'm working on front suspension. Picked up a fork on ebay for 50 bucks.

Anyway, was waiting for a friend to weld the shocks on, but it didn't happen, so I picked up some spacers at the hardware store to make it work. Much better ride

And I got a muffler and intake. Now I need to re-jet the carb, but it sounds nice

Got the carb re jet done and it was running alot beter. Has some problems now though, leaks gas and now it won't idle and will only start with the choke fully on. Carb issues? Not sure whats up but if anybody has any ideas any help is appreciated.

Also, got the front fender on with the springer forks. Been riding it really hard off road and let me tell you, the suspension is a work of difference :thumbsup:

I reckon I'll take it apart again and give it a good cleaning. Think its possible the high flow intake lets more dirt/dust in causing it to get dirty?