Throttle Shutter

RNaka

I'm rebuilding the carb for an HS40 and noticed in the closed position the throttle shutter is not square to the carb body. Is it normal for it to be at a slight angle?

TIA

Reed

RNaka

Makes sense. Wasn't sure when I saw two small hole in the carb body where the plate should be relative to the two holes. It's probably obvious that I'm a complete nimrod

Did you remove the throttle plate? Each model has marks to ID them and which way they go. (like a stamped line) a series 1,6,8,9,10 is like this (i) A series 3 and 4 is like this ( -) screws should be replaced or lock tited if removed.

RNaka

Did you remove the throttle plate? Each model has marks to ID them and which way they go. (like a stamped line) a series 1,6,8,9,10 is like this (i) A series 3 and 4 is like this ( -) screws should be replaced or lock tited if removed.

Mines a Series 1. I believe the stamp line should be a 12 o'clock. I downloaded the Tecumseh manual and hope that will help me with the process.

Might post to the project log to let other see how thing are progessing. I thought I'd first start with the carb and then move to the engine.

Thanks for the info

Reed

RNaka

carb rebuild kit

I got a rebuild kit for my carb and have figured out where most the gadgets fit except the O ring and rubber washer. Do they both go on the idle adjustment screw?

TIA

Reed

Last edited: