throttles,,, what are you using??

Ok so after rebuilding my engine and adding a flat top piston on my badger I was disappointed to not be able to ride it because the cheap plastic part that holds the cable in place keeps letting it slip out I have a mukuni carb and need something that I don't hace to twist 180 degrees to get WOT. let me know what you guys are using and where to get it. thanks

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
You got me thinking about this, I have had many a machine with mukuni carb (s).

Now, I don't know which type of carb your are using ?

This is what I would use but, I'm thinking of one type of Mukuni.

Which may not be the type you are using?

e-bay # 181283333091

Mac

Sounds like you're using a crappy twist throttle setup like eBay item number:151127938730

Cables pop out of those all the time.
Buy a more vintage looking twist like eBay item number: 191000666952 and you should be fine.

using round slide 22mm carb.

thanks for info on twist grip Mac

bikebuddy the cable is not what I was looking for more the twist grip but thanks for info

IJG

Glad You Asked'

I been Lucky
I currently am using the fattest e string from my accoustic guitar.
I lubed the sleeve and cut off the end to utilize the new cable size.
I don't like to brag about what wrong parts I used.
But I do enjoy bragging about the ingenuity that comes across the brain sometimes.
IJG

alright back on track I don't need to know the cable but the throttle assembly
I use the regular old twist type sold by OldMiniBikes. Link on top.

I keep the supplied slug on the cable for the throttle side, get rid of that bottom tension screw, and solder on a 1/8 brass tube on the carb side. That setup has worked very well for me.

Tension of course is maintained by preloading the cable against the coil compression spring inside the carb. Easy as pie.

yeah my problem with that was the slugs were pulling through the throttle grip and after time breaking the plastic but I drilled a hole sideways through a carb jet and grinded it down soldered it on and well that thing is not going any where problem solved :thumbsup: