Thunderbird

Couple questions...Does the thunderbird have rear wheel spacers? My parts breakdown doesnt show them and I dont have any but I have some serious play side to side. Frame is true and rear wheel hub assembly is original. Second is anyone duplicating the original graphics for the name plate and fuel tank? Also looking for new elliptical lock nuts in 1/4, 5/16 and 3/8...in small quanities..

Thanks in advance!!!

Is this a fake or alternative request?
:laugh::laugh:....
On a serious note..how much slop is there? If I remember correctly from one I had looked at before.. There are no large spacers, but rather thick washers used in there to take up the slack..placed as needed.... that's if you are sure the hub assembly is original..

Look at item 17 in the exploded view. It calls for a 1" outer diameter X 5/8" inner diameter X 1/16" thick washer at both sides of the wheel.

Hope this helps

Studeman68 There is about 3/16" or so with the bearings and large washers installed I guess I will have to add more washers...definitely the original hub..Thanks

mrpat Thanks...I have the diagram and the washers thought maybe there was an additional pair of washers/spacers that were not shown for some reason...I know what I have to do now. Thanks again!

Thanks for the help guys! Any thoughts on where to obtain the elliptical lock nuts and or graphics? I have nylon lock nuts but they looked out of place...found k lock nuts, non reversing lock nuts , top-lock nuts, pin-lock nuts and two way reversible lock nuts but no ellipticals which is what came off the bike and were not salvageable ... might have to just go with the top locks