Tilly on a Honda/predator

I was looking for a way of getting around using a mikuni bc of the cable issue. It will be on a trike that I usually ride full throttle on. Do either of you know which one you would use even though it's a bad choice. Lol

Well, I'd talk to Korndog but he's not around. Possibly EC or Barry Young? I'd be willing to bet you'd get as good of performance from a well prepped stock style carb if the engine is as you describe. I've been follwing Barry's carbs on Facebook and they are impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

ECCarburetors is the place to get those carbs...try the HL357B-87. they also have the bigger HL304WXGK-1 if you think you need more go!

Well, I'd talk to Korndog but he's not around. Possibly EC or Barry Young? I'd be willing to bet you'd get as good of performance from a well prepped stock style carb if the engine is as you describe. I've been follwing Barry's carbs on Facebook and they are impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you text me the Facebook link or tag me in a post.

Just jet the factory carb if you are running "mostly stock engine". You are just wasting time and money on a Tilly for it.
K.I.S.S....Keep It Simple Stupid

Here is another vote for NOT using a Tilly carb. My son did a mild performance build on a Tecumseh H60 last year and part of the plan was to install a brand new Tilly carb (in the hopes) for better performance. Not only did the carb did not perform as well as the OEM Tec carb, we could never get it to run right at all. Sold the carb and put the OEM Tec carb back on and was very happy with the results.
Michael