To be or not ?

dshot59

Ok so I have this Arco I'm puttin together and I don't know what to do with it, I don't want to paint it I like the originality of it but I want to protect it. Well protect what is left of the paint anyway. I'm thinking maybe just clear coat to seal it up so it don't rust further. And to protect the decals that are pretty much still there. Don't want it to be all shinny though should I just repaint or find some satin or flat clear maybe ? Anyone try to just clear over one ? What Would You Do ??? Here's a few pic, I know ya'all like pics. :D

Attachments

WD40 & “00” or “000” steel wool will really enhance that bike’s finish. It won’t ruin the decals, either. I use this process on original paint motorcycles in the same condition. No need to clear coat. Just a WD40 wipe down, occasionally. I agree with you, I wouldn’t paint it.

Last edited:

dshot59

Thanks I will give the WD a try, I'm mostly worried about the engine plate where the ain't much paint left. Thought about just try'n to get something close to the right color and and hit that but didn't want it to make the rest look worse.. Just want to protect it as much as I can. Had one when I was a kid so this one is a keeper. Thanks to all for the help, will give it a try.

dshot59

I was at the New Egypt swap meet. Were you the one who said to use the 00 steel wool ? If so it works pretty good .And she's my girl friend technically. :D

dshot59

Yes you did. I was the one droolin over the PE 175 in the back of the truck. Next time I'll have to get there earlier, Thought it would be like all day for some reason . Is it like an every year thing ? Nice to have met ya . I did catch a real good car show right up the road on the way out though. So it was a good day all the way around.

That swap meet is a big ? mark. At one time, it was every month until the racetrack change ownership. Thought it was a thing of the past until I saw the post about it a week prior. It has always a ghost town by noon which is cool, if you're fairly local. I seem to always find something there that I gotta‘ have.

dshot59

I saw a post about it a few days before it too just by luck. I'm in South Brunswick kinda local so I figured
i'd check it out, cause I too always need more stuff . I'll have to keep an eye out for the next one. Maybe I'll se ya there.