Today’s freebie

Thepaetsguy

A bit of dark lore I have learned these are called killer tillers.. people would lock the drive handle in reverse then get backed against a wall and get there dinner tilled.. I started stripping it to maybe have some hillbilly fun with that gearbox. Also found this beast scrolling. 9A63166D-AAC5-4A87-9F99-AF0FBA02CA22.jpeg

Harquebus

Honestly, that whole tiller is in fine shape. I hate to see old equipment like that cannibalized. Even though it's a "lowly" front tine tiller, look at that gearbox (or chain case, whichever the case may be)!

I'd service the engine and sell it all intact to a collector.

Thepaetsguy

Honestly, that whole tiller is in fine shape. I hate to see old equipment like that cannibalized. Even though it's a "lowly" front tine tiller, look at that gearbox (or chain case, whichever the case may be)!

I'd service the engine and sell it all intact to a collector.
Worthless around these parts... The guy who gave it to me free got it free.. Smoked looking equipmemt has to be givin away around here unless you wanna tip them when they come pick it up.. I see prices in other location and it’s mind baffling... But ehh that’s not a complaint I mean for the most part cheap engines are fine by me. 759E3FAF-B9A8-4F67-9F2E-5849B73A0C62.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

I bet that gallon tank on the 8hp fits the mini bike just under the bars above the starter.. I have a ton of work to do in just tearing down the yellow 8hp on the mini bike now. Swapping over a ton of parts. The yellow 8hp on the bike is only alive due to oil consumption. it smokes like a car with a blown headgasket. And after 15 or so miles the pan is dry. An almost nos 8hp just fell into my lap so on the minibike it goes. AECEA67B-91C8-4B2C-B835-58BFAFEC26F3.jpeg 4FD1F203-6D20-41F7-A5C6-18CC739A0F10.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

If we were neighbors, we would never run out of parts and never finish a damn thing.
Absolutly! Hahahaha And I am not sure about the gearbox yet. Would be cool to try and retrofit it to a slower runabout gokart. But for a mini is far to big to fit Any practical frame. Just the random things we can think up you know.

Great thread! Thanks
All i have to add is that i had a go kart when i was a little kid with an 8hp briggs on it and that thing was a beast!
Good luck with the project!

Thepaetsguy

I have been not per say slacking off on my own projects but rather spending time on other people’s.... making some side cash a generator out of the box that wouldn’t start a replace a few car battery terminals stuff like that. I unlocked the most stuck engine fourwheeler engine have ever dealt with yesterday also. Then unlocked the starter on the fourwheeler. BRUTE FORCE prevailed! If I hear this fourwheeler run I’m driving it down to the tree line and dragging out the flipped over kodiak! She’ll start

Thepaetsguy

Look at me getting all fancy with paved floors and a garage.. This thread will be a catch all I guess I’ll get back to the mini eventually. The starter and cable on this beast is pitiful and driving me nuts. It kicked once and blew a bunch of crap out of the exhaust... batteries also are flat and not charging and that pullstart isn’t my choice of starting it. Thing was locked up so bad I can’t believe I unlocked it at all... AE77CACF-7B89-46D2-87F6-88C8AD40E572.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

gah 400A crank start on his battery charger dims the garage lights.. Engine kicked once and I let off the starter to not pop any breakers. battery’s are flat after charging all night the battery‘s are just no good. I guess this can be a catch all thread for me for now. I’ll get the mini back together eventually. I‘m gonna snag a can of either.. I have a plan

Thepaetsguy

This fourwheeler was never ever going to be fixed the way I’m doing it. I’d argue most who tried would have failed to unlock it in the first place. I spent over an hour and a half before it kicked free as I was about to give up. Then the stuck starter... 400A crank start is nice but only 3-4 cranks and then wait I’m not gonna wear out his breakers. it wants to start I’m close. Monday I’ll go up with hot sauce and and a fresh head and try again.

Thepaetsguy

Are you taking a battery and cables with you?
I’m taking a few batteries with me and using his cables as mine are basically junk. The four wheelers ground strap is a joke at best. I have a new ground strap. And from starter to battery on the quad I’m gonna rip all the positive cable/solenoid stuff out and clean it up make it a bit more positive capable. Once I have good clean cables all the way I should be in good shape.

Thepaetsguy

It‘s alive! Couple sprays of the hot sauce and a good tug on the pull rope and it‘s running good! I can’t wait to post the picture of the flipped over kodiak I’m about to pull out of the weeds with this one I just got running!