Today's score.

Well, here is some stuff that I picked up for a grand total of $10.00 plus gas in my truck. I got a 1973 Honda CL 350, Toro 521 Snowblower, and a Craftman Weedwacker. I wonder what I can do with a 5 horse Tech motor with electric start? Maybe use parts from it to get my Rupp Roadster2 up and running.

bandit 40

Well, here is some stuff that I picked up for a grand total of $10.00 plus gas in my truck. I got a 1973 Honda CL 350, Toro 521 Snowblower, and a Craftman Weedwacker. I wonder what I can do with a 5 horse Tech motor with electric start? Maybe use parts from it to get my Rupp Roadster2 up and running.

Are you gonna tear up a perfectly good snow blower??:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:Good job:smile: get that Roadster2 up and running GREAT SCORE:smile:

Last edited:
Maaan good deal there. I have been looking high and low for a decent snowblower that needs an engine or minor work to get going. I have an acient ariens snowblower that bit the bullet last year. Wish you were close I would buy the snowblower less the engine.

Are you planning on coming up this way soon, I would hook you up with the left overs, or trade it to you for a comparible engine. I sure would rather see somebody get use out of it if they could. You know how the winters get around here, but I have a small yard.

tomsprops

I not sure what a Snow Blower is ? For that matter what's Snow ? But I do think it means something entirely different here in LA ? :doah:

I just checked mapquest and its showing that its over a 200 mile run one way. Thats pretty far for a parts snowblower lol. We had thought about running down to Adventureland later this fall but thats still up in the air.

delray

dobber, nice find on the snow blower:thumbsup: it even has the off-set filler cap. that will work great for a minibike project...:scooter:
man it's great living in snow belt area. snow blowers are a dime of dozen around here. if you pay more then $10-20? you are payed to much:doah:and don't forget rotor tillers,edgers...etc..

Thanks Delray, I think you are right about the snow blower thing. We do find them cheap.

Ruppster were are you in Iowa? I may be making some trips around the state so maybe I will hit your area.

That's a swell pile of stuff for ten bucks. I did pretty good at an estate sale last weekend, found a nice Toro Sportlawn reel mower w/B&S engine for almost nothing, but not as good a deal as you got. Well bought! :thumbsup:

That a really great find for 10 bucks. I like the CL350 are the Exhaust pipes in good condition. :thumbsup:
I have not checked them out real close, but from what I have looked at on them they seem to be. I did notice when looking for parts on Ebay, that they sure sale for a lot of money even if they are not perfect. I may keep the bike stock, but I may go with a bobber look on it, so the pipes may have to be changed.

That's a swell pile of stuff for ten bucks. I did pretty good at an estate sale last weekend, found a nice Toro Sportlawn reel mower w/B&S engine for almost nothing, but not as good a deal as you got. Well bought! :thumbsup:
ya, this was one of them Deals were the guy as cleaning out his shed and wanted stuff gone. He said that he may have some more junk for me later.

65ShelbyClone

I'm digging that Honda twin! The best I have done so far for free motorcycles is a running Hodaka Super Rat, running Wombat, and some kind of early '70s Yamaha 125 enduro. Two that were nearly free are a Yamaha 400 twin and a Honda SL100. I wish I still had all of them....

I have got a kawasaki 175, and a 250 for free but they needed lots of work. I once had a 125 Super Rat, I have also had a 100 Road Toad, and a Hodaka 80.