Todays world

After moving I had to get rid of a lot of things so we had a big yard sale and things that take up a lot of room were the big target . Many years ago I built a mini dune buggy and very sadly it ended up being stored outside and attempts were tried to keep it covered but in Astoria ,Or the wind and rain basically destroyed it and. It was so specially built by me many years ago and it's sad to say very few people would ever take on a project to build a thing like this. Basically I blame the lack of skills that most men in todays world have and so people buy just what the world offers for a price.
So the pain of having to cut up and scrap out this kart hits me in the gut. Built out of Chrome molly tubing 100% Tig welded by me my first tig project.
I have pictures of it in my folders but I don't know how now to pull up the pictures , I guess I should of started using my computer sooner instead of being out in the shop LOL

There are still lots of guys doing stuff, but it does seem like it is less than used to do stuff years ago.
Back then, that was the thing to do. Now, there’s a whole lot of other stuff to do that wasn’t around back then.
Not saying it’s right or wrong but it seems to be the way it is.

That’s being said, taking on a huge project requires time, tools, money, a garage, etc and lots of people don’t have that so they are looking for easier projects.
As a fellow Tig welder I can appreciate your pain. And chromemoly too
There has to be someone who can use your project, finding the person is the hard part.

This little kart had an adjustable offset jack shaft that allowed gearing changes And dual gas and brake pedals so smaller riders could reach the controls one movable pedal arm that you could move to each socket. . And I designed a radio controlled kill button that helped the new drivers keep control. At the trike in events lots of kids just loved to take turns riding. And I did have all the tools like my bender from Pro tools and a lot more STUFF I can no longer use.

Many thinks OND that cart was one I built with a 8 HP Tecumseh engine out of a Tri-Sport RTS 8. I built it and it is a wedge shape and had a hopped up motor. That was one hill climbing cart. I sold it to my old boss in Upland, California when I moved up to Washington, state. I ran for a lot of years.
The kart I cut up yesterday is shown with my Grand kids . Two of them are married now and my oldest grand daughter is going to make me a great grand paw.

Well the condition of the little kart was so bad I cut it up into 7 or 8 pieces although I did save the Azusa plastic wheels and will see if I can sell them and all the parts I bought in advance. Sad but the best for time

Itype2slo

This little kart had an adjustable offset jack shaft that allowed gearing changes And dual gas and brake pedals so smaller riders could reach the controls one movable pedal arm that you could move to each socket. . And I designed a radio controlled kill button that helped the new drivers keep control. At the trike in events lots of kids just loved to take turns riding. And I did have all the tools like my bender from Pro tools and a lot more STUFF I can no longer use.
A remote controlled kill switch, You could have some fun with that. Let your buddy go ride and shut it off and watch him push the bike back. fun fun.