Tom Thumb tires

markus

The Generals are nice, and would be in my collection if I still had some micro bikes cause the price is nice! But one caveat for a Tom Thumb build is they do run a little fat for the 2.80/2.50 tire size compared to the Good All weathers that were popular in the time of the Thumb plans. Never built a thumb but you may want to have them onhand while building the bike in case you have to do any alterations for sprocket or frame/fork clearance. I don think I have any comparison shots but I had the all weathers on a Flee (in the background) and The Generals came stock on the Micro Power bikes (rear tire had to be @ 40 psi for proper grab on the drivewheel) long time back and was surprised at the width difference

Addicted 2 Minis

Those tires are gone. Lol
Well, I guess I helped someone, They were on eBay for quite some time and I thought about buying them myself but I have to finish ( and start ) too many projects and thought I'd pass them along. I just bought a set of 4" Carlisle tires from him so I can get my '69 "Lil" Indian tribute going, They aren't Indian heads but at least they're the last of the USA made tires. I have to learn to commit to one project and see it through to the end instead of having 9-10 halfway done at any given time!. I have purchased quite a few things from swapmeetman and he's a real good seller.