Took caliper nut off and spring came out, help

Just got a new db30 and I want fooling around and took the middle nut of the caliper and there is a wound spring in there that came out. Is this hard to get back it? It seems to fit into a small needle sized hole.

I've dealt with this a bunch. there is a hole that the spring goes into and then you place the rubber piece back over it. There are two holes in the arm of the brake setup and which one you use determines the swing amount of the brakes.

it might be easier to take out the brake cable completely when re-assembling.

when re-inserting the brake cable back into arm and tightening down, be sure not to tighten too hard- these nuts and bolts wear out fast. one of mine is actaually rigged with custom nuts and washers cause i stripped the stock parts

it gets easier the more you tinker

I've dealt with this a bunch. there is a hole that the spring goes into and then you place the rubber piece back over it. There are two holes in the arm of the brake setup and which one you use determines the swing amount of the brakes.

it might be easier to take out the brake cable completely when re-assembling.

when re-inserting the brake cable back into arm and tightening down, be sure not to tighten too hard- these nuts and bolts wear out fast. one of mine is actaually rigged with custom nuts and washers cause i stripped the stock parts

it gets easier the more you tinker
That's exactly what I'm talking about! I took off the cable and think I figured it out. I found out you can't just put the spring in those two hole without twisting the spring back a bit to make some tension. I hope I twisted it back far enough. I weight about 170, and If I'm riding the bike and grip the brake, it doesn't stop the back instantly. That's normal right? It does slow down, but maybe takes 15 feet to stop fully aprox?

yeah dont expect to get a disk locking stop..

i weigh 250lbs and it takes a few feet to slow down.

your best bet on a better stop is hydralic brake setup

the stocks work ok though