Took some new pics today

Took some new pics today using a backdrop. Like them better than when you can see all the other junk in the garage. First one is my Doodlebug, second is my Coleman CT200U (current project) and the third is my housemate's Doodlebug.

Hoping to get around to getting the ARC billet side cover on the Predator engine in the Coleman this weekend. It's not too far away from being rideable. I'd like to have it ready for our next mini bike jamboree on the 19th of next month.

Attachments

Swapped some 145/70-6 tires onto the CT200U today and pulled the bars back a bit. It went from being borderline unrideable in anything but a straight line to super fun. It looks way better with the bigger tires on it as well IMO.

It's got a stage II Predator in it and pulls pretty well even with a 53t rear sprocket on that setup. Got a 65t one that I'm going to try out on it tomorrow if I have time. I'm not real concerned with top speed since all my friend's minibikes are topping out around 30mph.

Last edited:
what is the size comparison to the Coleman 100 and the doodlebug? It looks to be about the same physical frame size. Pics online make it look tiny. I can pic up a Coleman 100 new for 200.00. I have never seen one in person though.

what is the size comparison to the Coleman 100 and the doodlebug? It looks to be about the same physical frame size. Pics online make it look tiny. I can pic up a Coleman 100 new for 200.00. I have never seen one in person though.
Yeah, that rear tire is getting close to being done after maybe 10-15 miles of street riding.

I don't have a Coleman CT100U, mine is a CT200U with a seat from a CT100U on it with custom brackets (the footpegs are about the only stock/unmodified part on that bike). I've never seen a CT100U in person so I can't say how big they are compared to a Doodlebug.

With that being said...

The CT200U frame is only slightly larger than the Doodlebug. It seems much larger due to the rear wheel being mounted outside the frame, taller/wider forks and the 19" tires. The rear of the frame is also wider to accommodate the big tires. Mine is running wheels/tires from a Doodlebug.

You can see the difference in the rear of the frames in this pic. Compare the back of the frame to my friend's Doodlebug on the right.

For reference, here's one of my Doodlebugs that's currently being modded with it's rear wheel mounted outside of the frame. You can see how much that opens things up. The engine plate was also moved back a couple of inches.

If I could grab a new CT100U for $200 I'd jump on it. If it's too small it'd be easy enough to flip it for that price.

New tires on the CT200U and swapped to a 70t rear sprocket (had a 53t before). I'm having tuning issues right now (it falls on it's face around 3900 rpm) but it feels way better with this sprocket setup. It has just enough get up to be really fun. I think I'm going to pick up a Mikuni 24mm flat slide and ditch the 22mm Chikuni it has on it.

I just didn't really feel safe with the tires it had before and the rear was wearing super quick.

New tires on the CT200U and swapped to a 70t rear sprocket (had a 53t before). I'm having tuning issues right now (it falls on it's face around 3900 rpm) but it feels way better with this sprocket setup. It has just enough get up to be really fun. I think I'm going to pick up a Mikuni 24mm flat slide and ditch the 22mm Chikuni it has on it.

I just didn't really feel safe with the tires it had before and the rear was wearing super quick.

We are moving to those tires asap as well. I hope they run good on wet pavement.

What jetting?

Went back to a stock 97.5 jet today and now it's running great. Don't know why but I'll take it. I'm thinking the jet that was originally in that carb may have been mis-sized or something and when I drilled it out a bit bigger it was running way too rich.

Wouldn't really surprise me since it's a cheap $20 carburetor.