Top Speed of your Doodle Bug

I have a baja racer same thing as doodle bug (it has the same engine at least).I was wondering what everyones top speed is? With few modifications i can hit anywhere from 29-32 according to my gps.

My 6yo daughter goes about 20-25mph on flat ground. With my 225# ass on it I could'nt hit 25mph if a car hit me from behind! I will be putting on the performance jackshaft kit shown on this page as her confidence grows, she says it's slow now but 25mph is enough for now!

just did the first oil change fill her up with royal purple got her doing 32mph stock 2.8 throttle stop screw almost out im 170lb too so not bad for 2.8 i guess :scooter: but how do u bypass the governor ?

Don't bypass it-reset it! The spring that is at the bottom of the linkage- it runs from the part the cable attaches to- to the governor shaft. Put the spring on each end to the upper hole in the governor shaft and the upper hole in the throttle linkage--but wait till you've run the motor 5 hours or more so it's good and broke in first.

Not to be a jerk, but it's not rocket science to by-pass the gov. Just look at the linkages while you move the throttle and you can figure it out.

:grind:ya i kno its not rocket science im new to mini bikes and only kno so much so far but im on here pretty much every other day trying to learn and havent see how to's on the 2.8 since everybody is pretty much 6.5