Torque converter erratic.

Hey everyone I recently bought a knockoff comet TAV. After riding it the first time I noticed the driver clutch is very loose. It moves in and out relitive to the crankcase. When I installed it it never slid. What happened? Its not spinning free or anything but i belive the sliding is causing the erratic engagment.

Its not the bolt, and it doesn't rotate free, but I have a feeling that something is missing. You know the little extension peice? I think that may have broken.

The only thing that keeps the driver on the crank is the crankshaft bolt. There's only three things that can happen to create the problem you're saying.

1. The bolt isn't tight. This means that the driver could float beyond the bolt.

2. The bolt is too long and can't snug the driver up. The threads of the bolt are shouldering before tightening up the driver to the crank.

3. It's not bolted. That's pretty self-explanatory.

But, like everyone is saying, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Sorry if this is in the wrong area I couldn't find how to post in a catagory. I was off school a long time ago, and im on my phone in between periods and on my bus ride to tech school.