total upgrade for doodlebug

i want to get a new doodlebug pretty much, i wanted to get a new transmission, new exhaust, new carbeurator, etc. but i dont want to awitch out my engine, i pretty much want to go faster when im on the road, if you know what i should get, please tell me thanks

delray

doodlebugdreamer,if you did a up grade on your stock motor. for example clutch,carb, exhaust..etc..... it would be cheaper to by a 6.5 engine and sell your stock engine on ebay for $50-70.
for me i did couple up grades. exhaust header setup and larger sprocket. my total cost was $14 and my time.
all that really did was help the bike move out better from a died stop and sound cooler.
i need to keep the stock motor. i still have kids riding it......:scooter:

make some hotrod fuel :)

I put some homemade gasohol in mine, and it REALLY made a difference. I went to Wal-mart and picked up a can of denatured alcohol for $3, and poured it in the gas can. I used 1 quart in 2 gallons of gas, and poured just a tad of Marvel Mystery oil in too.

I am not kidding, it feels like it added 1 hp, or close to it. It picks up alot faster, and has a much better top end. The only drawback(if you can call it that) is that I have to run the motor 1/2 choked a little longer till it warms up.....I have been running it for weeks this way, and all of us now run the doodles on it.:thumbsup: