tote goat ? I don"t think so.

matt2

Hi you guys how you all doing? I think this might be something a little rare. I got this a couple of days ago but my supporting member had ended. I am now paid and can start stuffing as many pictures as I want to on here. [yeah] Anyway on C/L it said mini bike project with motor $45.00. I thought it was a totegoat but I don't find one like it. The frame is very ruff but I want to put it together. The front forks have a inner and outer spring like one to push up one to push down. the rear swing arm is too cool it has a single shock, big shock with a heavy duty spring around it. the chain is like a full size motorcycle chain big. The swing arm at the pivot point is also one of the jack shafts. The rear shock is above the rear tire Here are the pictures I have for now. I don't think this is going to be a easy one for you guys, GOOD LUCK.:shrug::confused: Thanks for the help.

toomanytoys

Rough is a good word. Looks like someone needed some pipe for a project.

Really neat suspension! Looks to me like it may be worth fixing.

matt2

Hi you guys
It is missing a frame rail the guy before me started to work on it. Yup I can't spell. I am going to try my hand at putting it back together. I have wanted this type of mini for a while. By this type I was think totegoat but this will do just fine. Well Mr. Richard trotter I would say you are right that look like what I have. Do you have any more info on it? Thank you

matt2

Richard, sportsman is that a totegoat or is sportsman the brand. I looked around a bit and I found a sportsman 300 not the same. Where did you get that picture? I can't give you best answer yet. That picture is my mini I just can't find anything to back you up on the brand or name.

matt2

Thanks Outlaw ace That is perfect. Sorry Richard you did get the name first but it says best answer. Outlaw ace I must give best answer to you thanks for the article that is what I was looking for.:thumbsup:

Thanks Outlaw ace That is perfect. Sorry Richard you did get the name first but it says best answer. Outlaw ace I must give best answer to you thanks for the article that is what I was looking for.:thumbsup:
You are welcome, the US Scooter Museum is a great resource for odd and obscure bikes. I'm going to be studying it, saw some stuff I never knew existed there on their web page.

The single rear shock was built just for the Sportsman. Later models used dual shocks off the shelf because it was more cost effective. This bike is on a short list of trail scooters I must have!

Larry Schaefer, (the man behind the "Sportsman") may be at the "Gote Fest" in Utah this year. If he shows I hope he brings some of his machines.

matt2

Thanks Brooklyn That rear suspension was the first thing to cutch my eye as something kind of different. Thanks Tim I thought this might be a bit rare but you make it sound even better then that. Tim do you have any idea on the year of this thing thanks? Thanks for the info 1exsparky. :thumbsup: