Tracked 2x2 mini build

Its definatly gonna be a piece of machinery :scooter:
Today i pulled the tranny apart im glad i did because its pretty nasty. I got the top half cleaned up and the bottom mostly. Also got the seat board cut and that started. Also got the shifter lincages mostly made but i think thats gonna take some trial and error to get working nicely.
During the week i got the rear supports in place and the front jackshaft and u joint mounted. The welds suck because my welder was giving me troubles so thats gonna take some work to get nice looking. :doah: Also i bent up a guard for the front chain but i gotta make some mounts for it. Iv kinda been avoiding the rear suspention thats gonna take some thinking
Lotta little stuff to do on this thing but its progressing :thumbsup:

Well guys this progect has been put on hold because i just got a 1967 jeep cj-5 im working on. Im not sure when ill get back to it but i definatly wont forget about it. The jeep needs alot of work but its going pretty quicly since iv done basicly the same thing twice before so i have practice now :)

Im in the process of painting the jeep. I might take a brake from it soon and work on the bike a bit. I was thinking if i have any extra paint ill do the bike with it. Things are definatly slowing down in the garage with the cold weather.

Thanks! It came out bad though. I have no experience painting cars. I layed on the paint too thin so it came out rough and dull. It couldnt gloss up like its suposed to. I didnt know that when i layed it. That was last weekend. I found some thin spots anyway so im sanding it smooth and gonna give it another shot. Its too damn cold out now though. Im not going to shoot it again till the next warm weekend. Heres my build page on it > Make room we got a fresh one :) - Early CJ5.com > Forums

delray

WOW jeep2033,what happen there:doah:
color you are using looks to be a metallic green/turquoise?
maybe one of the best things you could do is clear your floor before repainting the jeep and then wet the whole thing down with water. this will keep the dust down. also may want to look into a colder reducer. they make a cold,med,warm(low temp 60 up 90+)
if you are using a metallic paint you might want to look into a basecoat/clearcoat. spray 3 or 4 coats of base and then fog your last 2-3 coats of color,so the metallic lays down even. then clear it 4-5 coats and then go back and wet sand the whole thing out. paint can look like hell when finish clearing it still for a hobbyist, but when you wet sand it out and buff it you will never no:thumbsup:.smooth as glass

It was about 70 when i sprayed it. I got some dust on it but that wasnt really the problem. I just layed it too thin. Your suposed to lay it as heavy as you can without drooping and then mist it to even out the metallic. I didnt know that before. Didnt even think twice about it. Plus i didnt have real good ventilation so the dried paint particles in the air were landing on it. I did lay it thicker in alot of spots and it came out almost good. I think the next run will be successfull. I would have definatly went with base/clear if i had known what i know now. Just thought it would be easier with the one coat process. Now i know you cant do anything with single stage metallics which sucks. How it looks wet is how it will look dry. Iv got to set up more lights and vent it better and wet down the place. If it warms up to about 50 outside i can easily maintain the 70 degrees in my garage. If it comes out crummy again i can always clear over it. Ill get it right eventually

Alright well i got the seat covered and the shifter made. it looks a little cob jobby but it works great. Hopefully itll look a little better when its all cleaned up and painted. Im actually thinking yellow and black as much as i dont car for yellow anything i think it might look ok on this bike. Just gotta try not to overdue it. I strated on the rear swing arm should work good. I gotta get some more shocks for the back since i stole the old ones for my cat.

the jeeps going slow iv been working on all my minis at the same time. Iv almost got the top ready to go on. then iv still gotta fix the one door and the back hatch. then i can put the carpet and stereo in. I should have a good bit of next week off so i should get somthing done

got the handlebars placed and the swing arm im waiting on shocks from ebay till i weld on the tabs so i know the exact length and everything. I usually dont buy stuff for progects on ebay but they were used and cheaper than the junk yard. prices are really getting rediculous there. I guess they have to make up for the lack of scrap money there getting now.

I know im begining to believe people when they say im messed up in the head. I dont know where i get these ideas from. I just made these skates have a single wheel in the back. It works pretty well just needs some fine tuning with the bushings :eek:ut:

Oh forgot to mention. See how i made the swing arm. I couldnt really think of a good easy way to make the two sides seperate yet keep them solid to each other. The purple part slides into each other it is a bicycle seat post clamp. It just came to me in a moment of genious. And of course at the swing arm bearing it has a handlebar neck with a center bolt to clamp it in. Bicycles make my life so easy :thumbsup:

I Like The skates, Im surprised noones done that before, Pretty damn cool

Sharp build, and sharp jeep!

That bike should pull like a freight train