Trailmaster MB200-2 Project

How about this concept guys.... instead of extending the swing arm you add a scissor link that is offset towards the rear of the bike, cantilevered from the original mount so that your on the same plain to create the same lift with a wider range of motion and less inhibition towards the chain? Not sure if moving the mount back but longer on the bottom or moving the top mount would help because you'd be moving parallel to the desired lift....

Ok, limit that fulcrum all together! This is why I post stuff. To get people thinking as a community. That is a great idea because you are moving the ride height up without dropping the axle below the pivot point too far. I like it!

MJL

So i was looking at the Trailmaster drivetrain geometry this afternoon. If an enterprising individual wanted to make it "right", they could take the current output sprocket and move it to the other end of the jackshaft (which would probably need to be extended), then add a second jackshaft at the rear swingarm pivot points, which would replace the current bolts. Add another chain and sprocket to connect the two jackshafts, and a sprocket and chain to the rear wheel. This would give you perfect geometry and the chain tension wouldn't change no matter what you do to the rear tire.

Of course this would require a small collection of bearings, bushings, bearings, lock collars, etc...

So i was looking at the Trailmaster drivetrain geometry this afternoon. If an enterprising individual wanted to make it "right", they could take the current output sprocket and move it to the other end of the jackshaft (which would probably need to be extended), then add a second jackshaft at the rear swingarm pivot points, which would replace the current bolts. Add another chain and sprocket to connect the two jackshafts, and a sprocket and chain to the rear wheel. This would give you perfect geometry and the chain tension wouldn't change no matter what you do to the rear tire.

Of course this would require a small collection of bearings, bushings, bearings, lock collars, etc...
See what I mean! It's fun to look at!

As far as spacers from right to left in increasing order to think about it easier. Start with your adjusters on both sides. Slide axle in from brake side, goes through one washer, then the adjuster on the swing arm, small spacer, brake bracket, medium spacer, in through the bearing, through the wheel, through the other side out the bearing, through the longest spacer and exit through the sprocket side adjuster.