Tri sport

Congratulation's on the purchase! Looks like a good restorable project. I don't know much about the Tecumseh motors. I was dealing on a 14 hp one in Yorkton about a year ago but the guy wanted 6k for it, and there was no way I was paying that for it. Post a few more pictures of it when you get time.

Trent

This Tecumseh has hh140 on blower housing. 14 hp? I think have engine loose now. Front tire and one back tire have good cracks in them. Guy got it from says it rips pretty good
Yes hh140 is a Techumseh 14hp and I bet it will rip pretty darn good off road,but in the Street Legal trim those didn't match the Kohler 340's .
You got a hell of a find there and a screaming deal :thumbsup:

Thats Awesome!! That is a good price for that trike. Did you get the back engine cover, headrest and the rack for the top? I have the SL 340 and I've being looking for the rack and tail light, but I'm just going to build one for it. There was a couple from Earl Grey , Michelle Bloom. I can't remember her husbands name, but they raised Whitetail deer when I was raising them. Haven't talked to them for years.

Your in a area where there's snowmobiles a plenty :laugh: A compact twin 2 stroker would make it fly and I've stole disc brake set ups off old snowmobiles for some of my trikes...cheap upgrade.

I have everything except 1 rear fender and guy gonna look for it in his mess, he said he had it complete. Engine cover is in bad shape. It's been outside for years so lots has to be replaced, cables, brake line etc

Last edited:

wjustice

That's the trouble with these things. All those cables, lines and such end up costing more then you can sell it for. Add the purchase price that some people want a fortune for. They think it's old and worth lists.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

wjustice

Like Trent said, 6k for one. A RTS on eBay for 20k, the crappy TS for sale for 1k for 3-4years. People see them and reference the sale. I saw one selling for 20k on eBay. Yeah but it didn't sell. They just drive up the costs for the people that like to work on them. I'm still looking for the one I owned back in 79.

wjustice

Best to just watch eBay and Craigslist. People that have parts don't seem to part with them. I have a guy I've bought from buy many parts he isn't willing to part with. He has been ebaying some though.

RT21 Traders has a few parts but they are pricey!
There is a guy on Craigs List that has a mother load of seat pans, a complete SL body, rear fenders, sl fuel tanks and front fenders but the fronts look to be for the TS series with the wide front wheels.
Here is the link,
3 wheeler

Shawn

Last edited:

wjustice

There isn't any silly questions. We all had to find out somehow. Bentonite grease is a clay based that is like a very heavy oil. You should be able to get it at any decent mower parts supply.

I just rebuilt the diff in my RTS. I had to replace the case halves as one was broken at the axle bushing and the diff case. The other case half was fine but I just replaced both. It might be a good idea to have new axle retaining snap rings on hand as a just in case. On mine, one just stretched open and the other broke in a few pieces. It would also be a great time to replace the old axle bearings when you have the diff out.

Shawn

Attachments

Last edited: