Tried to do a brake today.

This stuff is new to me and I don't have any metal in my garage anymore (threw it out a few months ago. (Pre mini's ) :doah: )

Anyway, I did have a brake from the boys old scooter and a flat wrench. :thumbsup:

The wrench was used for the bracket and fits a 5/8" bolt so I figured I'd use it for a braket and it will also hold the left axel bolt when removing the axel :eek:ut: A bolt was tacked to the wrench to hold the upper brake mount.

So I tacket it on today and test drove, it took some adjusting and washers to get the brake not to drag while having enough cable for stopping. So far, the brake is like a scrub and it dosen't stop on a dime or skid at higher speed but it does slow you down and then stops you faster as the speed declines. Hopefully newer pads will make it even better.

Is it possible to push the caliper further onto the sprocket. I think that might be your problem its only biting a little bit of the sprocket surface where the teeth are. If you can move it in more it will help the performance of the brakes

Is it possible to push the caliper further onto the sprocket. I think that might be your problem its only biting a little bit of the sprocket surface where the teeth are. If you can move it in more it will help the performance of the brakes
It doesn't look like it but the caliper is in there all the way and I left room in the mount holes for more adjustment . The pads grab far past the teeth but I might have to shim them or let them wear in . I only did a few laps and didn't have time to play with the brakes all that much other than getting them to not rub. I could also remove some of the brake housing to gain more sprocket. Today I wished I didn't weld the braket so much because it looks like :censure: :doah:

What brake are you using? Can I see some pic's? I was going to use a manco because they are common also but the lever looks snaggy. I don't know if this little scooter brake is as powerfull as some other brands but I do want to be able to find pucks anywhere 5 years from now! It IS nice to stop again though! :thumbsup: GTO

Well 99, you were right. :doah: I looked under the brake and the bottom of the brake pads were too far from the sprocket so I had to start over with the bracket.

Soooo, I shortened the bracket and added a leg for the upper mount. Looks better anyway.

Brake stops better now and I plan on doing more for my scrub bikes as a back up/dual brake. :thumbsup:

Looks good and I bet it feels good to know that you can stop now. I think it much easier to make the disc setup work then putting a scrub on the bike.