Trisport Engine Question

I have a Husqvarna 2 stroke SM150 engine which came originally on a Trisport three wheeler.I plan to use this on a trisport hull that I found.

Anyhow, I havent ever seen a trisport with this same engine on it. I am curious if this was a rare option, were they popular, or did they just have these engines around and decided to use them.

This also had a long cone/tube shaped intake breather on the carb originally which broke off after doing a wheely up a fence post. (started up with throttle stuck). I would like to find one like it.

Well any info on the subject would be appreciated and very interesting to me.

Also a few years back I read that a trove of trisport never used fiberglass seats were found in a warehouse. I never heard of that since. Is there any truth to that?
Thanks!!

wjustice

I have part of a 71 dealers service manual that lists that engine on the TS150 but i've never seen or heard of anyone with it.

Breather? Good luck, if the engines are not common then the parts are often worse. Keep your eyes open on ebay you could get lucky.

Seats? I dont know but they would go fast as there are many tri-sport and other makes i've seen that are missing the seats.

I have a Husqvarna 2 stroke SM150 engine which came originally on a Trisport three wheeler.I plan to use this on a trisport hull that I found.

Anyhow, I havent ever seen a trisport with this same engine on it. I am curious if this was a rare option, were they popular, or did they just have these engines around and decided to use them.

This also had a long cone/tube shaped intake breather on the carb originally which broke off after doing a wheely up a fence post. (started up with throttle stuck). I would like to find one like it.

Well any info on the subject would be appreciated and very interesting to me.

Also a few years back I read that a trove of trisport never used fiberglass seats were found in a warehouse. I never heard of that since. Is there any truth to that?
Thanks!!
Sounds kool and a odd ball.

I'll look, I may have more on that engine
Hi. Did you find any more information on that SM150 Husqvarna engine? I would be very interested to see any Tri-Sport documentation on it. I have seen that these same engines were used in the Polaris snow mobile (kitty-Cat?) as well as some Chino snowmobiles. Thanks!

wjustice

Err, um oops. I never even looked and after all this time, completely forgot about it. Things have been incredibly busy during and since the holidays. ill try to remember again.