Trying to do something different with my DB30

LOL not really . Its another db with a 6.5 but I really want to make this one different in some way then everyone elses . Its nothin fancy but its clean, fast, and simple but not stock . Just how I like ... well everything I own. So here it starts . This is one day into the project.

Oh ya , this is what I started with . Well, one of them is .

Got the new HF 6.5 fitted up and am just waiting for the clutch , its in the mail. Didnt like the red because everyone and there grandma has a red db so I went with a royal blue. Paint came out great for a knocker can job. Im very :smile: with it.

You can see in this pic I lowered the front fender . Didnt turn out as low as I wanted it but I have 3 more to get it right :thumbsup:

Well tomarrow I will be fabbin up a wheelie bar and some kind of exhaust. Hoppin to get this one done soon because when its done its off to a new home then I will be startin on the next one :wink:

post more pics as you go. there aren't many DB builds in this section.

the blue looks good, i never would have considered painting one that color. :thumbsup:

post more pics as you go. there aren't many DB builds in this section.

the blue looks good, i never would have considered painting one that color. :thumbsup:
Oh I will . And I dont think anyone would paint it that color , or at least I have not seen one that color . Thats why I did it . I like to be different , but you can already see that by my choice of motor :laugh:

86 iroc. Your DB turn out nice in the blue. The dropped front fender looks good. I keep my up about an inch above the tire just in case when I go with the ATV knobby tires I found at Dennis Kirk. Just in case they are a little taller than the originals. I figure I wear out the ones that came on mine first. Were are you located at. Are still going to sell of the other ones.

Last edited:
I think it looks great so far! nice work!:thumbsup:
Thanks wait til you see what I have up my sleeve for today :wink:

86 iroc. Your DB turn out nice in the blue. The dropped front fender looks good. I keep my up about an inch above the tire just in case when I go with the ATV knobby tires I found at Dennis Kirk. Just in case they are a little taller than the originals. I figure I wear out the ones that came on mine first. Were are you located at. Are still going to sell of the other ones.
I am in illinois and I dont think Im going to sell them right away. After I am done with the project I will pass it on but I have so many ideas I want to try on the other bikes :thumbsup:

Well today I got the wheely bar all fabbed up . Need to paint and polish it and it will be all finished . Its fully adjustable so you can drop it to the ground to keep the front wheel down and then lift it back up to do a lil off roadin :thumbsup:

Here is a few pics...

This is it in the up position,

And in the down position .

cxbra

That looks like wayyy too much fun.. really. The paint is nice, I like how you did the whole bike royal blue. Im going for the flat black theme with red bars. I think it looks really nice, an artistic look to the bike.. something different.

IROC,

I think the blue looks great. I thought about doing a blue DB too. But I wanted to chrome the handle bars and fenders and have the rest of the bike blue.

That looks like wayyy too much fun.. really. The paint is nice, I like how you did the whole bike royal blue. Im going for the flat black theme with red bars. I think it looks really nice, an artistic look to the bike.. something different.
Thanks man . Honestly , this bike is the hardest pulling thing I have ever had between my legs ! Its so much fun its unhealthy .

IROC,

I think the blue looks great. I thought about doing a blue DB too. But I wanted to chrome the handle bars and fenders and have the rest of the bike blue.
Ya the blue was just something different and I really like how it came out . The chrome would look great on it too.