trying to find info on a Scat Cat SC86

i picked up a rough roller in a trade for next to nothing, the plate on the front of the fork says SCAT CAT SC86 SMALL engine distributors, Kansas City Mo.

does anybody know what year it was built, under the plate stamped into the metal is made in Taiwan. sold by SMALL engine distributors, Kansas City Mo.

any help or original pics would be appreciated.

NOT US VINTAGE ....WRONG SECTION. All true with the Taiwanese stamping. Im not sure what the SC86 was. I think but not 100% sure that most came with the Small Engine Dist. screen printed on the back of the seat. Got any pics?

Last edited:
NOT US VINTAGE ....WRONG SECTION. All true with the Taiwanese stamping. Im not sure what the SC86 was. I think but not 100% sure that most came with the Small Engine Dist. screen printed on the back of the seat. Got any pics?

oh but looking at the add you posted, i noticed the model i have is not on there, i have the SC86

the handlebars at the base have a plastic knob for each, even though the juicebag who traded me welded the bars so they couldnt be adjusted, im hoping i might be able to fix them.

awe dang, sorry about that. i cant believe i did that when i even said it was made over seas. I appreciate your informative reply and thank you for setting me straight, ill repost this elsewhere.