TT500 Trifecta!

Rupp 72

Well so it begins, my third Rupp TT500 restoration. It will be painted rupp yellow-gold, the third original color for these bikes in 1968 and the only TT500 color i do not have. By now i should have most of the original parts gathered in my arsenal to finish the bike. Just may need a few smaller things. I plan to restore this bike back to mostly original condition with maybe a few small extra things to make it pop. Stay tuned:thumbsup:

Rupp 72

I'm not sure yet, i think I'm leaning against it. It is nice in the fact it prtects the wheels from corrosion and gives the metal a much more uniform look in my opinion compared to just the bare casting. However even though it was "clear" anodized it appears a bit darker than stock. On this bike I'm going for more of a stock look.

Rupp 72

Slowly making progress. Got the tank back from the plater, looks absolutely amazing. The best tank I've had done yet, the pictures don't do it justice. Also sandblasted the frame and and bead blasted the thinner engine components.

Before:

After:

Hello,
Not wanting to steal from this thread so forgive me. I have this solid tank that has a few dings etc. and is pre-69. I need to repair the one broken stud. If you would, please share the plater you used for your re-chrome. It looks awesome.
Thank you,
Joe51

Rupp 72

I used to get my work done from someone else but he recently retired. Chrome plating is starting to become a lost art from a lot of the people i have talked to. Anyway, all of the parts for this bike have been done by "The Chrome Shop" out of Menasha WI.

Rupp 72

Paint materials bought! Two stage high end automotive primer, base coat, and clear. Prime, sand, repeat...... I don't want to see any pits, scratches, or dents on my bikes:lol:

Rupp 72

Got my final parts from chrome! I don't want to take them out of the plastic and get my finger prints all over them until I install them. Also since I last posted I have made it out to my friends shop and primed and sanded everything two or three more times. Planning to paint the bike the first weekend in June. That'll leave me one week to assemble everything before Windber. Hopefully I can pull it off!