Tulsa

T-Town Mini

Hello everyone,

This is the first mini-bike my son and I worked on together as it appeared the day we brought it home. I didn't find out what kind of mini-bike it actually was until after many hours of searching through internet pictures on such websites as this.

So, thank you OldMiniBikes.com for all the help you give people such as me. Your members are a valuable resource and a wealth of information.

I registered here a few years ago after the bike was completed hoping to log it's story and to show our work. I never did:doah:...but, I'm here now and I'd still love to show you all what became of our Bonanza MX project.

Where's the best place on the forum to post about a build that's already been completed? I've got some pictures of the build and many questions about what we could've done differently and perhaps what can be done to this old mini-bike.

Thanks,

T-Town Mini

That one looks like it had good bones to start with,you can put all that info in the project logs for all of us to enjoy.I will be watching for it.:thumbsup:

T-Town Mini

Welcome back.
Can't wait to see this one. And a Father /Son project, priceless.:thumbsup:
Thanks, yeah...it was something I always wanted to do with him. I had it all planned out many years ago...I was going to buy an Azusa frame kit and I had all the parts we would need for the build listed down on paper. Then I went through a divorce. Pause.

Years later, I was living alone with the kids seeing me every other weekend and three months out of the summer. My son was then 15 and about to get his driver's license and so I'd always kept my eye out for a mini-bike to build.

I saw this one in the newspaper and so we went together one weekend to go check it out. I was impressed to see it had a suspension and not just a regular mini-bike frame...like I was expecting to see. So, we test fired the engine and brought it home to work on over the next year.

Last edited:

buckeye

Awesome story.
I can relate to the every other weekend deal. It's been years but, the kids and I still laugh at some of the things we did during those times.
I was living in St Clair, Mi and the kids were in Toledo.
I'd drive that route many times a month. Kids were in sports and I wanted to be a part of that.
Anyway, glad you made the best of it. Your son will remember it for years to come.:thumbsup: